Eh I’m more excited to judge than submit songs so I think I’ll do my own walrus when time permits. I’m in need of an influx of new music as it is.

3 Likes

@superuberbob You are looking for straight up talking, right? You say no poetry, so I assume you mean the talking shouldn’t rhyme.

I’m nearly 100% certain what song you’re thinking of. ;-)

Spoken word can rhyme. I just didn’t want anyone to think something like def jam poetry was acceptable since it technically isn’t a song.

OK, cool. So poetry is OK as long as there is also music?

I’m wondering what song you’re thinking of because I have no ideas at all lol.

Well don’t spend another day’s useless energy on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just giving cassette an idea, no one else steal it!

4 Likes

@pyatnitski who should I submit to for yours?

1 Like

Oh lordy, found an absolute beast of a track for @Pauwl 's catetgory.

Just choosing between two very different songs for Goaty McGoat and I’ll be sending in my submissions.

3 Likes

Submission sent… mostly

Note: to help Pyatnitski out, if you put a blank line (hit return), then four spaces before pasting the youtube link it will look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOXcfhsFXA

And it will make his life alot easier to copy them into groups for each category.

1 Like

Oh shit I totally forgot about this

1 Like

Ok I found a good country song.

2 Likes

Songs submitted!

Does anyone else have a strong urge to not follow instructions? E.g. submit Van Halen Eruption for the “no electric guitar” category.

I played it straight though

4 Likes

I had a hard time coming up with a joker category. My songs are all tight “my shit is perfect” etc. But I don’t really think any of them are gonna rock anyone’s world. Whatever, gamble!

3 Likes

Bump!

How are everyone’s submissions coming along?

Mine are in, awaiting to be incorrectly judged by any of you who don’t award them top spot.

1 Like

So far I have put in the least amount of effort possible.

2 Likes

Guess I slept instead of submitting music

Mine are in. Do people try to submit music that they own, or at least knew beforehand? I went with 7 songs I own (I am an old man so I own music physically, on CD and vinyl and yes, cassette). The other 3 I was familiar with.

Probably not a winning strategy; I should have poked around for some more appropriate stuff on some of these categories. I had to put a ceiling on my effort though

For me, its more fun to have someone check out something I already know/like so I go for that option as much as I possibly can.

Good stuff. Maybe you’ll end up as far back as 2nd place if you keep that up.