No one owns a cat song.

But seriously, yeah, I try hard to pick something I know, but I also listen to a lot of new releases, so sometimes it’s something I haven’t known for very long.

I usually pick from songs that I already know and then do poorly.

“An electronic song for a guy who likes Neil Young” is proving surprisingly tough.

1 Like

Who doesn’t like Neil Young?

1 Like

This is probably bad, but I tend to look up a lot of new artists for my own category. Then some of them make their way into my submissions for other people’s categories. Not so much this Walrus though.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

3 Likes

I prefer his brother Paul

1 Like

Ok, you dirty dogs. Submissions incoming.

2 Likes

@ ing everyone as I don’t like naming & shaming, but just a reminder to stragglers that the deadline for submissions is the end of day TOMORROW, June the 5th

Get on with it!

@superuberbob
@seities
@nano
@microbet
@Pauwl
@crash_face
@LouisCyphre
@smrk4
@eyebooger
@cassette

3 Likes

Yikes. I thought I had until Sunday night.

Are Lawnmower_Man, Yuv and MJiggy out?

Yes

1 Like

I feel like I should say that it’s possible I could sort all the entries out early Sunday afternoon, but far from guaranteed. It might be best to give people the extra time to gather songs as there’s every chance it would be Monday morning before they were passed on in any case.

Is that fine with everyone?

4 Likes

I have all but three categories locked up. I’ll finish everything tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Sounds good. What kind of time frame is typical for the reveals? I know it varies, but we hope to have the final one done in… X weeks?

1 Like

I guess it’s more we’re hoping for a steady stream starting from whenever Pauwl does his. So that’s one every couple of days or so starting from the end of next week.

2 Likes

Fine for me goaty. The time after I submitted but before the reveals start is when I allow myself to dream of beating Louis.

2 Likes

And…in.

4 Likes

I’ll get back after my late lunch and put some songs together.

1 Like

lol before I read all of crash_face’s category, I picked “Angel” by Massive Attack only to see the goddamn video at the bottom of his novella.