Should wookie be immediately removed as mod?

Also a fair point but that wasn’t my goal.

this is progress fwiw

1 Like

I’ll take action on it I’m that confident. $200 US? We can negotiate terms of the bet it you accept in principal.

That would also be shit stirring.

Moving forward on moderator reform can’t be done without shit-stirring. I’m trying to propose more constructive ways to stir the shit.

+1

I won’t vote in this pole either for similar reasons, but I understand why @clovis8 decided to make the poll. Even if I mostly disagree as to its overall efficacy.

Since this means clovis and I have a different opinion, according to UP tradition, we are now mortal enemies. The only way to resolve this is like true online gentlemen: a battle to the battery death of our phones or self-ban-immolation, and our only weapon can be passive aggressive posting. Sorry friends, I wish there was another way…

2nd paragraph is obviously tongue in cheek :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

6 month terms max. No consecutive terms. All current mods start their 6 months now if they want (I don’t).

No shit stirred.

3 Likes

Lol so true. Shall it be gun duals or swords. :grin:

1 Like

I’m strongly opposed to the idea of no consecutive terms.

1 Like

Your joke is pretty awesome but it does expose a real trend around here. We all need to stop equating disagreeing with hatred. We should also stop assuming the absolute worst interpretation of everything posted by someone we once disagreed with.

2 Likes

Agree. It’s tough. If we read another poster’s posts with a negative tone, then that’s the way we’ll internalize it. If we seek the worst interpretation we’ll always find it.

4 Likes

Think about whatever you think are the issues you care most about. When someone posts something in contradiction to your most strongly held beliefs, to what degree should those views be permitted to see the light of day?

Most of advocate that Democrats should be much more partisan and should dig their heels in more. That attitude is going to be reflected in how we go about posting in this forum.

If i can add something that drives me crazy - the quoting of one specific sentence or even phrase of your post and replying like it was your entire point and the rest of your post doesn’t exist

I believe the term is “cherrypicking” and it is rampant here and often why i edit my posts 40 times

2 Likes

Totally agree. It’s why I almost never quote the post I’m replying to. People can look back at the full context if they want.

imagine caring at all about forum modding. I’m honestly so confused by a group of like 30-40 year old dudes getting Mad Online and creating all this drama

12 Likes

like honestly wtf are you guys doing lol

5 Likes

6 hours in, going fine! :thinking:

I like you too jmakin.

5 Likes

Thx. I like you too Clovis.

4 Likes

lol great

1 Like