Should Julian Assange be pardoned?

I want to clarify that he was advocating for a state-sponsored extra judicial assassination.

Yes, I worded the sentence a little strangely. But I agree that professional lobbyists do and should have greater scrutiny.

1 Like

Good point of clarification. Correct.

It’s not that you’re a foreigner. Some foreigners here know quite a bit about what they are talking about vis-a-vis American laws (ChrisV, GermanGuy, Yuv). You’re just guessing and presenting “opinion” as if it were fact (you said “100%” remember?)

Non-profits in the US have restrictions on political activities unless they are registered for that purpose.

(edited to be less abraisive)

2 Likes

idk. Either way I assume they’ve registered and disclosed their relationships with foreigners.

Really? You think all the people at Fox News have one of the federal disclosure forms (the kind Flynn didn’t have) regarding their relationship with the Murdoch family?

Nice we have some Pinochet fans here!

I would guess there’s some kind of boilerplate paperwork you sign when you start working there or else the whole company is registered. I’d be rather surprised if Fox News is openly flaunting FARA.

Really? This may be hard to verify, but wanna bet? There’s no chance you’re right imo.

Actually, maybe it’s not that hard.

https://efile.fara.gov/ords/f?p=1381:17:2487877569011

There’s a link for “active registrants”. I don’t see “Fox” or “Tucker Carlson” anywhere. (spoiling my own bet)

Murdoch also doesn’t show up under Australia as an “active foreign principal”.

Cool. Lock him up imo.

1 Like

Every single person who works at Fox News is violating this law based on the theory advanced here that accepting foreign money and disseminating political opinion is a violation. You can walk this back to lock up the one super enemy if you want, but you thought everyone at Fox was a registered agent 10 minutes ago.

They knew the risks when they signed on, I guess.

2481 employees. They should easily fit on the field of a soccer stadium.

1 Like

The pardon, if issued, will be the result of a corrupt deal. Pardon should be issued, and Trump and Assange should be prosecuted for their new crimes.

Also, for the purposes of posting sick anti-biden memes on message boards, if all J Bro is saying is that the paid trolls need to register as foreign agents, who cares? Like I register as me for FARA, as an AGENT OF PUTIN, and register on Upswing Politics as MacroHog69, am I free to be a paid Putin shitposter now? Seems pretty easy.

The same reason I had difficulty mustering much sympathy for the Fox “Bombshell” personalities who were getting sexually harassed.

Uh, Fox definitely was an American corporation when Disney bought them last year. There is a reason why they held onto the news side though.

File some papers in Deleware and you’re as American as Apple Pie. Putin should have thought of that.

But but but these people are registered Democrats! This isn’t Chiefsplanet. These are just jokes!

2 Likes