SenorKeeed For Mod!

No offense to SK, but his temperament seems less than ideal for modding and I don’t think his ideas are particularly helpful towards the reasons for issues in the community.

2 Likes

I suppord Keeed for mod. I just can’t vote because I had OP on ignore from the covid thread.

2 Likes

but I have a plan for that

1 Like

Just IMO, but this thread is hopelessly mixed up because there are discussions about a half-dozen distinct questions all going at once.

Maybe it’s too late but a better structure would be to have this thread be purely an up/down moderator vote for SenorKeeed, and have the “process” questions be handled in separate thread(s).

P.S. I have THOUGHTS about many of the issues on the table but in the spirit of doing what I say I’ll hold them for now.

2 Likes

I for one am relieved that Keed will only have this job for as long as he keeps getting voted for in a cycle of “constant reelections.” Or until he resigns. Or dies.

1 Like

From one -“man” poster to another, that’s kind of you to say.

There’s simultaneously “a lot” and “not much of anything at all” going on in most of the kerfuffle threads. It’s kind of meta, like all things human and interpersonal. To clarify one thing, because I feel if I don’t then other’s may construe my position and/or other posters’ positions as being “on the other side”.

I have 100% confidence that @MrWookie cares deeply about the forum, the community of people within it, and the world outside of it. Wookie is good people. Of that I have no doubt. It just so happens that in the kerfuffle threads my POV/opinion diverges from his at times.

The above paragraph is how I feel about @anon10396289 and every regular as well. Except that our opinions/POV diverge in different places.

3 Likes

@suzzer, maybe you can see this if it’s quoted?

This is a typical thing that comes up for moderation. Suzzer, for basically no reason you insulted churchill. You’re the one chasing him around the forum here and taking potshots. Yeah, “I have you on ignore” is a potshot. Ok, it’s a little potshot, but now churchill has responded with a bigger shot. Are we now at something that should be tempbanned? This is getting flags.

Now, I’ll be shocked if it’s not that case that every single poster other than me who likes suzzer more than churchill (yes, I like suzzer more than churchill) thinks that churchill is the only villain here and everyone who likes churchill more thinks the opposite. I wonder who watevs thinks should be moderated here.

Anyway, some other mod may ban someone here. I just wanted to complain about all of you.

10 Likes

Yes, I bit. He wound me in.

I’ll take the 6 hr or 12hr ban if I must

Cue Goofy, Wookie, Caffeine, Trolly, Danspartan… shouldn’t be long (I must be owed one for starting that Keeeed poll)

BOO!

Ok, I’ll do it. The 6hr. I guess you crossed a line that he didn’t. But man these little poke the unpopular poster (sorry churchill) and watch them react and push and push until hopefully we can get a perma (no, you’re not thinking this suzzer, but others here certainly are doing exactly this) is gross and something like “this guy got 14 temps, time to perma” is going to be absolute bullshit when it happens.

13 Likes

Sorry, I’m mad. I know it’s not really everyone.

2 Likes

I think micro is trying to make an important point but has chosen a poor example. No big deal.

Also, this thread should probably be closed at some point soon. We currently have a “meta” mod selection thread/poll open through the end of the week and we have a PocketChads mod voting thread/poll open through the end of the week.

Seems like we should let those two threads play out before we embark on another mod-selecting thread.

That’s bullshit. Every fucking one knows that “I’m ignoring you” “I can’t see what you said” etc is an attack. Suzzer could have just unblocked him and said nothing.

7 Likes

lol

1 Like

Fuck. Now I’m making it a longer ban. My choice was 2 hours or something or until tomorrow. Naming a bunch of people here is…well, I’d call it trolling.

I think @suzzer99 is honest and would admit if his post was a passive aggressive poke or not.

(I also think he’s smart enough to figure out how to take somebody off ignore for a moment in order to vote.)

This is a really good post and has convinced me. Id be a yes if i could change my vote.

It would be a really bad modding standard for you. A huge percentage of what you do is troll around taking tiny shots at people and then lusting for bans.

5 Likes

weird misspelling

3 Likes

I really wanna create a user called “lusting for bans” because I am just absolutely tickled by that phrase

4 Likes