SenorKeed's Fall Weight Loss Challenge

It doesn’t matter to me, no one owns a thread, man, works both ways. If folks want it to be my thread then sure. Hit the bricks simp!

1 Like

The man deserves his own thread (meaning simp), is the way I like to look at it.

Or start one as an overall community one. I was thinking about doing that. I think about doing a lot of things tho.

1 Like

poetry

5 Likes

lol so good

1 Like

https://www.deviantart.com/noomy/art/Mr-and-Mrs-Potato-Head-183086524

3 Likes

He’s real to me now
a hairy potato man
And I root for him

6 Likes

177.2 lbs this morning. 1,640 calories, from work hamburger patties and and ribeye. Haven’t eaten a carb since Wednesday night. Probably just going to do this zero carb thing today and go back to potatoes tomorrow. Interested in seeing if my water weight goes down much by tomorrow and if it goes back up when I start eating carbs again.

Two weeks till weigh in.

2 Likes

175.0 lbs this morning. 1,900 calories from ribeye and hamburger. Don’t really like this diet, going back to potatoes this morning. But it’s clearly good for dropping water weight so I’ll probably go back to very low carb in a week or so. Be interesting to see how much water weight I put on in the next day or two of 300 g carb days.

2 Likes

Nice to see you crushing Keed.

But I have no idea why people go as far as to count calorie consumption.

I’ve been vegeterian for a few months and it’s dropped me to my lowest weight in over 2 years. No soda, (almost) no alcohol, and irregular exercise sessions

That and I do intermittent fasting. I eat breakfast at 7 AM and don’t eat again until dinner at 7 PM. I end up going to sleep a few hours later and repeat the process. On weekends, I don’t do it though.

I’m not calorie counting to control my food intake (although it does to a small extent). I eat when I’m hungry. I just thought it would be interesting for this challenge to see how many calories I was eating so I started weighing and logging my food.

176.0 lbs this morning. 1,401 calories yesterday, all potatoes.

Was thinking about my final weight cutting diet. I think I’m going to do the following. Stew some chuck roast in zero salt chicken stock with a bunch of mushrooms and an onion. When it’s done add fresh chopped parsley and maybe four cans of coconut milk. Yes it sounds pretty tasty but remember no salt. Sad! Ought to be low carb enough to burn off all my glycogen and cut water weight, but not so high protein to cause meat sweats like my carnivore diet experiment. I’ll probably make a big batch on Saturday and start eating it then. Maybe eat hard boiled eggs or avocado for snacks.

I should start the fatboy8’s winter weight gain thread as I gain back the weight I lost in the fall because of the holidays.

Today I’m in Portland, so I’m bound to eat something delicious with abundant calories.

I’ll be going back to the states for a while

I fully expect to regain a bunch of weight

For people planning on dieting or fitness after the new year, a good move would be to start today and work out the kinks and get a jump on the other punters.

3 Likes

174.8 lbs this morning. Haven’t seen a big water weight rebound from adding back the carbs. Kind of thinking the very low carb diet I’m thinking of starting this weekend might be kind of counterproductive. I can probably get there with potatoes and zero salt and a little bit of water weight manipulation. If I’m below 174 this Friday I might just go straight potatoes no salt till weigh in. Thoughts?

I wonder how much glycogen depletion there is on a very high carb diet under conditions of significant calorie deficit. Although I did see significant water weight loss on two days of zero carb. I don’t know. I’m torn.

Grunching to point out that a true contrarian blowhard would implement a Peloton into this challenge. Amateur hour imo.

1 Like

The more I think about it the more just straight potatoes makes sense. I think the only way I lose this is if I bigly fall off the wagon. What is most likely to cause that? A work emergency that leads to a series of very long days, I ate my low carb lunch and my hard boiled egg snack, then it’s eight o’clock and I’m starving and no end in sight at work, fuck it, I’m going to McDonalds. That could easily happen. But if I buy a ten pound bag of potatoes and set it under my microwave at work, boom. I can eat whenever I want. Much harder to do that with healthy low carb food. So the potato diet is less fragile and should withstand stress more easily. All right, that’s what I’ll do then.

3 Likes

Has your relationship with food changed at all throughout this process.

When the challenge is over what is your plan for future eating habits?

Has my relationship with food changed? Maybe? I’m not sure. Like one thing that this diet has definitely revealed is the extent to which I used food and booze for comfort and entertainment. And then the other thing is that life is actually fine/good without booze and delicious food. I’m definitely not less happy then when I ate like crap and drank two or three or four times a week. But will I still get that ahhhhhhhhhhhhh feeling when I crack open a jug of Carlo Rossi Burgundy (not a Burgundy, don’t @ me), pour myself a mug and start cooking my famous Carlo Rossi braised pot roast? You bet. So it’s definitely raised my awareness on how I used food and drink as a crutch and how deeply all that was integrated into my life. But is gaining that awareness the hard part? I’m skeptical. I think the hard part is actually integrating that lesson into my daily life in coming weeks, months, and years.

5 Likes

175.8 lbs this morning. 875 calories yesterday, all potatoes.

1 Like