Self Temp Ban Request Thread

not a prob, holla

JohnnyTruant asked me to post this explanation for him:

“Hey guise. I took a quiet two week partly because I was about to choose violence and eviscerate some posters here and mostly because I have been struggling with my compulsion to post and read online. I feel like calling it an addiction is maybe problematic but it is a real disruptive compulsion that I am not controlling and is affecting my ability to be present with my family. I started the clock on a perma because I am hoping to take some time to determine if this is something I can bring back in a balanced way. I also am not enjoying my time here anymore. I don’t really give a fuck who thinks whom is to blame for that, but I find myself not wanting to share jokes and laffs and good news and instead am resentful. I’m not going to pretend I’m super hurt that people who know me as well as y’all think I’d try to shit disturb and ruin anyone else’s forum experience, or take my ball and go home over some nonsense calling me a toxic troll afraid of being perma banned (liked by Jman and ikes who both average more bans a month than my single ban lifetime on this or any other forum ffs), but no. It’s not because I have hurt feelings it’s because I am about to hurt some feelings if I don’t take a break. So Jfc, give your heads a shake, let me battle my fucking demons. Like I am trying to not post the way I have been asked not to post. I’m not really sure why I’d be shit on for that? Other who left as well can speak for themselves but I know they did so for more than a stunt. If you are not aware of the current conflict, hats off and respect, but give credit to the posters you know to assume it’s not just a petty thing and there may be something more that being a shit head or trying to cause trouble?

I’m embarrassed to draw any attention to this tbh. I’m only posting this now because of the misunderstanding. If I decide to perma here it won’t be a protest thing, even if the conflict and changes here are part of it. It will be because it makes sense for me.”

12 Likes

Bye!

jfc, ditch this place and go do some fishing and hang out with some moose up there. I’ve read a handful of your posts yearly for nearly ten years and this is some new shit. Take care of yourself and start up something new.

6 Likes

I don’t think JT said he was definitely asking for a perma, just needed time off to gather his thoughts and get a break.

Could I please have a week off? Thanks

I’m getting serious FOMO with all of these self ban requests. Is it like a ritual fast or sitting in a sweat lodge?

2 Likes

2 weeks pls. I’ll decide if I want to be perma’d at that point. @moderators

1 Like

done

I would like to request that users circumventing temp bans at least incorporate their old username into the new one. I’m having a hard time keeping up.

2 Likes

I’d actually prefer that any banned poster who creates a gimmick in order to repeatedly keep posting should have their prior account permabanned.

Way too may divas with inflated egos and no self-control.

3 Likes

I’d just like to clarify, a bunch of us did a self-ban for two weeks, for different reasons it seems. Not using the “tommy jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge first” excuse, but when the private thread was made public and a lot of self-banned people came in to post about it, I did too. I accept that it’s a murky area whether a self-banned poster should be able to just circumvent their own ban, I felt the circumstances were unique enough to do it so I did it following others. Yes, obviously, without question, I also wanted to say some harsh things to a handful of people too.

What he said.

I’m not trying to be dick, but what you’ve written is just a description of what everyone here has already observed.

IMO, if one doesn’t want to abide by a self-ban, then request it be lifted (via a gimmick if necessary).

2 Likes

I’m fine with coming back. But I thought Cassette was Cuse and got all confused.

FWIW microbet wanted me to post that he intends to come back and only post in threads where people aren’t being unpleasant.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Alright, in that spirit, I’m asking @smrk4 to be reinstated from the two week hiatus. Not going to @ any mods with extra tasks, I don’t know if we have a rule for this case. Whoever sees this can yay or nay it or put it to a vote (“self-banned posters may ask for their self bans to be reversed, up or down”), I’ll fully respect any outcome.

1 Like

In light of Johnny telling us he’s legit having self-control issues with this forum, this post seems very uncalled-for.

3 Likes

So, cyberbullying is ok then too? dafuk. Did you do that deep dive from a 2012 post and write that in?