SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

Also think it’s probably fine. What’s your risk tho? Any extra risk factors? Anyone in your household old?

Checking in from the office.

Not even Trump himself can convince the Trumpster owners to work from home. It’s just a matter of time before someone here gets it, maybe all of us.

https://outabouter.com/2020/02/16/pangolin-says-it-has-more-viruses-where-that-came-from-if-people-dont-leave-it-the-fuck-alone/?fbclid=IwAR3jgMI9eb2fKhVwnDAIX-UqtRHzuU1k3_rEQY1YGI_O9dP7H0lOu_OIaW8

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m off to the office too, zero chance I don’t get this eventually.

i thought the thread was doing a bit

AMC and Regal closing all of their movie theaters for at least 6 weeks

Been saying this for decades. Though maybe I was jumping the gun thinking late 90s internet would do the trick.

I’m 29 - she’s 27. No health issues.

NYC update: local CVS still has pretty much everything except hand sanitizer, TP, and some canned goods. Lots of people still out–feels like a Saturday. I saw some construction workers still doing some (obviously) not critical construction. So ridiculous.

Anyway, NYC is totally fucked unless they actually impose a shutdown and quarantine.

champ, i would seriously just stay inside if you can. it took me a couple days to come to terms with it, but now i plan to stay in my apartment for the duration, with the exception of taking the kids down to the small private courtyard (really more of an alley) in the back of our building to ride their scooter and get some exercise twice a day.

1 Like

Grunching:

You too want to come to my nightly orgy?

p.s. Lol “too” actually works also when we’re talking orgies.

2 Likes

Trust me I’m not going out unless it’s to get supplies.

Boomers are like congresspeople. Everyone hates them generally but likes theirs.

18 Likes

You guys know this is going to go on for months, right? Is your plan to never leave the house or do anything for the next four months?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/maxbrooksauthor/status/1239624352305303552

4 Likes

I’ll go out for walks and runs when my breathing’s better, but basically I’m not doing normal stuff until I decide that now is the time to catch this thing.

1 Like

I already don’t leave the house. See my post above about going to the office.

4 Likes

I’m in Chicago, in my bedroom, you’re in Australia, a place I’m not sure really exists. We’re talking! Why would I need to leave the house?

9 Likes

At least try to get a brisk walk or something. This is going to be a long slog and you’ve got to keep your mind/body together.

1 Like