SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

Yes, have seen it and it is good. It was by no means Glass’ start, more like a mature work. Check the wiki. Full movie is on YouTube. It’s a music based documentary of images. Controlled substances not required, but not discouraged.

As to why Cannon was involved, maybe no other studio would touch it and Lucas/Coppola agreed to lend their names.

I’ve seen someone argue that the article says that 40 of 60 were positive on viral swab, not on antibody test. There’s a selection bias problem here in that if donating blood comes with a free COVID test, people who are mildly symptomatic may claim they have no symptoms just to get the test.

The larger problem: Castiglione d’Adda has a population of 4,665 and has had like 40-60 deaths (can’t get exact numbers) so if two thirds of the population were infected, that would be a CFR of 1.3% to 1.9%.

Life comes at you… ah, fuck it.

https://twitter.com/cortmanteau/status/1246399132316487683

4 Likes

lol

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dataeditor/status/1246583417266987009?s=19

2 Likes

Excellent. I appreciate the recommendation.

I think Georgia’s is just timing. They tend to have a small day then a big jump.

Easy DIY mask substitute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNRyqlO_RuM

At one point Mr. Trump, who initially set Easter Sunday as a target date for re-opening the country before backing off, said that the holiday would be a particularly “sad” day for Americans prohibited from gathering in large numbers. He said he would again like to consider relaxing social distancing rules for Easter services and that he had told advisers, “maybe we could allow special for churches” gatherings that were possibly outside with “great separation.”

Killing his base to own the libs

Man, I sure miss those halcyon early January days when my biggest concern was war with Iran.

6 Likes

Defense secretary Pompeo is working on it.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/khucq-help-the-sehlke-family?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Yikes. Guess she lived her life on her own terms.

1 Like

Back when your biggest worry was another 5 or so million people dying and 20 or 30 million more people made refugees - but thousands of miles away - i.e. the good old days.

2 Likes

Ok we just gotta make Coronavirus free individually packaged communion wafers. We then get a priest to bless, then mail to the parishioners and broadcast a mass. At the appointed moment they all rip them open and let them fall directly into their mouths.

We’ll all be rich!

$35,390 raised. If they’d let me write this, it would turn out the FB post never happened.

So here’s the good news: the spread of coronavirus cases is decreasing. It looks a lot like the trajectory of Italy. It doesn’t look so impressive on a log plot, but 11 days ago we were on track to have 2 million cases today and now we’re only at ~300,000.

Untitled908768979785

Bad news is that the death toll just isn’t deviating from its course at all. We’re on track to hit 30,000 deaths within five days if this doesn’t let up. Hopefully total cases is a leading indicator the death rate starts to slow down. Honestly, the Trump admin’s estimate of 100,000-200,000 dead seems like a reasonable guess to me. Of course, I’m just spitballing all of this.

Untitled908768979785

2 Likes

Literally though! Holy shit this story. Trump is so sick he’s using a religious holiday he doesn’t even believe in to try and generate good press for himself, and it’s not like some bullshit tax cut that would harm the country he wants people to actually be together and kill themselves for him. This is like the fuckin reverse Easter where Jesus Christ points the finger at his disciples and they all get crucified instead.

1 Like

When a vaccine for coronavirus gets released, it’s gonna be infuriating to compare the vaccination rates between Mexico and Southern California.

If the tested case rate is representative enough of cases then I think the death rate should start bending in 5 to 10 days.

Edit: changed number of days based on how many days it’s been since the case rate started bending.

Cases lead deaths by what, 19-14 days? But how much of the slowdown is fewer cases and how much is test processing bottleneck? So far the positive test results have grown at the same rate as testing capacity, or do I have that wrong ?