SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

See the Yale/New Haven story, but communities are isolating healthcare workers and first responders from their families.

There is no good solution. All options suck.

1 Like

Countdown until trump is promoting cigarette smoking in one of his press conferences as the cure?

2 Likes

Snus, folks, this snus stuff, the Swedes, they love it, all the time the snus, and they’re not having bad Chinavirus, the Swedes. A lot of people are saying, the snus.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1245371355035578369?s=20

1 Like

3900+ in Texas now and that state is doing exactly fuck all.

1 Like

Although the major counties are all shutdown which means Texas is live to flip blue if all the rural people running around die.

2 Likes

In least surprising news ever

https://twitter.com/business/status/1245370023952203786?s=20

4 Likes

You think our country’s so innocent?

16 Likes

Few notes.

1. Wimbledon canceled for first time since WWII
  2. Justin Bieber’s “Just kiss each other Pussys” Tour has been canceled
  3. Disney forcing annual pass holders to keep paying. (They will add park days but lol at that)

In good non corona news

1. Sprint and TMobile merged (which isn’t great) and John Legere has stepped down as CEO (which is)

This is your Corona Minute, brought to you by Orange Apron - The Home Sundae Delivery Service.

8 Likes

China responds “I know you are but what am I”

Does anyone have strong opinions on using cash vs. debit/credit in stores during all of this?

The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret and declined to detail its contents.

I assume they at least pinky-swore.

My strong opinion is not to obsess over minutiae like this.

I am allergic to having cash but I need to get over it. I would keep cash for the possibility of credit card networks collapsing and use cards until then.

From a sanitary standpoint seems most situations allow you to maintain possession of your card which is preferable to passing currency and change back and forth.

THE UNITES STATES WOULD NEVER LIE ABOUT ANYTHING!

THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS PURE AS THE DRIVEN SNOW!

1 Like

Cards are clearly superior in this pandemic and clearly superior all other times as well.

This is a good point.

This is not.

Ldo. China’s infected count has been at 81000 forever.

Dunno what the setup is in USA#1, I seem to recall you guys get whacked pretty hard with bank fees, which we don’t so much. We have a ‘tap’ system where you can spend a certain amount without actually putting in the card and entering your PIN. It’s normally €30 but they’ve bumped it to €50 for the duration. Anything over that and you need the PIN.

The ideal transaction is tapping, both for you and the server. Cash is bad for both and entering the PIN, imo, is good for the server but very bad for you. Lots of other people rubbing their manky fingers on those buttons.

I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint about a year ago. How long should it be before I start seeing diminished service and call quality?