SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

I run a few miles a day several times a week. I give a wide berth if I happen to come across someone. The people who defiantly walk in the middle of the sidewalk should try walking in the street.

That’s the big question. I still think we’re a dog to run out of ventilators at Italy levels. Although I could be wrong, and there will probably be some local crunches.

New Jersey looks to be in significant trouble next. 2500 new confirmed cases today.

1 Like

Keep running.

Anyone complaining about runners is an idiot.

1 Like

That’s okay, you can always watch the FXX pilot episode from 2015. Sadly never picked up for full series :sob:

2 Likes

So Washington is the anomaly because?

Looks like we will go over 80k cases and be #1 in confirmed cases by the end of the day and likely never look back. 2 weeks ago we were at just over 1k cases for perspective.

Even worse if we continue the same rate of growth (we won’t but it could be close to the same rate) that is 6.4m cases in 2 weeks.

1 Like

If America doesn’t pass China and Italy in highest number of cases today, it definitely will tomorrow.

EDIT: Slow pony for me

Some PAC should be running an ad of Trump saying we were at 15 cases going to zero on loop from now until the election.

3 Likes

must be the weather AMIRITE. May be there’s something in the drinking water. Over supply of chloroquine. May be a bad flu season over there so deaths reported inaccurately.

Or the only anomoly worldwide

Or the US got to Washington too late to count? Tests don’t seem to be directed that way atm

Might be a world first. Let’s check back in 4 days

Probably more than a million Americans have it/have had it. At any rate it’s a lot more than 80k and making much of that number is dumb.

2 Likes

I think Washington with parts of California may be places that actually managed to flatten their curve.

Why testing matters:

True, but lots of effective propaganda is really dumb, vide Trump.

I agree that the raw number doesn’t matter much. But the rate of increase does imo. Until we see that rate slow or even start to decline we are nowhere near out of the woods.

Yea, and the same is definitely true for China. We won’t know the real numbers for years, the only competition that matters now is severe cases vs. hospital beds, and I fear the severe cases will be pulling ahead of hospital beds soon too.

WE DON’T TALK ABOUT THAT MONSTROSITY!!

XD

1 Like

Roose Bolton as Tam is gonna be great though.

1 Like

It’s crazy to me people are saying the total number of cases don’t matter. How can you make policy decisions if you don’t know that metric?

1 Like