SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

Late 90’s for me. ymmv

4 Likes

This is what we fucking need. Probably being held up by Cuomo and the centrist Dem morons.

1 Like

You can just imagine Phil Collins for me.

1 Like

live footage of worst case scenario

1 Like

I got groceries last night at the store and it was very sparsely populated. But you can’t really avoid going within 6 feet of other people.

1 Like

Fuck off.

6 Likes

Kroger delivered to me and left it on the porch, zero human interaction required. A+ experience would do again.

2 Likes

if you support good policies but then vote against their only chance of being enacted, did you ever support those policies in the first place?

I don’t know, I’ve been talking to some Warren supporters irl recently and they have the attitude of something like, if we can’t do it with Warren, then we don’t want to do it at all. Where “it” is enacting good policies. So yea, super fuckin annoying to hear about how sanders is a cult of personality while they threw the election cause they didn’t get their way.

1 Like

I haven’t lost my employment - yet - so looks like I still have to set up that bill pay for 4/1. I wonder if my landlord has had their mortgage payments frozen.

They’re going to have a tough time doing anything about it if you don’t pay.

Did they at least ring the doorbell? I wouldn’t want my milk turning into buttermilk on my porch because I was not aware it had been delivered

Probably. But do I want to risk it if I can afford to pay? It’s a very odd situation right now. I basically have to submit the bill pay in the next 1-2 days for it to get to the landlord on time.

But obviously if they’re going to do a freeze, and say that tenants are never responsible for the amounts during the freeze, I don’t want to have lost that $.

I re-read the bill language and of course it’s a little confusing: “any residential tenant or small business commercial tenant in the state that has lost income or has been forced to close their place of business as a result of government ordered restrictions in response to the outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), shall have all rent payments suspended for ninety days following the effective date of this act.”

Does lost income mean anything $0.01 or more? Does it only apply if it was a result of government ordered restrictions? I guess that’s essentially every business right now, but does a direct link have to be shown?

We will mark this as “Better than the Flu” day when we hit that daily 1000 mark.

1 Like

Where do you live?

Yeah, I mean I can’t say I’m massively hopeful for our future in those circumstances, but once you chuck the ability to organise over time in there then you can definitely get some good stuff. Also, on the “bands roving in the countryside” stuff, maybe we’d get to go back to the time of Bandits, which isn’t all bad either.

I worked the last two nights on the isolation floor where we’re keeping all the Covid-possible patients.

Monday night was easy breezy… we had plenty of staffing, I had a light patient load, and everything went fine. Our volume is up from when I worked there last week, but for now, we’re not brushing up against capacity.

Last night, however, was rough. I admitted a patient 3 days ago, and he’s had the persistent fever and dry cough, but has otherwise been stable. Last night he went from that, to… not stable, in about 6 hours. I had to send him to the ICU to be intubated. He’s 47.

All this has been kinda abstract for me, but it’s very real now. I’ve taken care of this guy for 2 shifts, and while I followed all the isolation protocols to the letter, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little anxious over just how thorough I’ve been washing my hands.

I guess this is just the first taste of the new normal for the months to come, and I’m afraid it’s only gonna get worse.

43 Likes

NYC

TJ, what hospital are you at? Is there a code word I can use if I’m admitted so you know it’s me?

1 Like

I get delivered from Kroger on the regular and I enjoy their service. Those worried about big orders, I have one or two really big orders a month but I tip really well so it is worth the persons time.

I recommend delivery or pickup unless you really just love strolling through the grocery store.

You can have them notify you via app or text when they deliver, or even call you.