SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

What has that got to do with the culpability of other governments for not doing more to protect their citizens against this by acting more decisively?

Are they off the hook because they didn’t disband their pandemic disease response teams?

That’s already happening behind the scenes. But you need the lottery so the rubes think it’s a fair system.

No one is off the hook, but because everyone is on the hook doesn’t mean you can fauxstan for Trump for being as bad as everyone else when in fact he was worse.

lol at that. Either a murderer is guilty or he isn’t, whether he’s killed one or a hundred.

Obviously Trump is worse but nevertheless they are all guilty.

The number matters. Trump’s incompetence matters. At the end of this when it turns out the US faired worse than many other 1st world countries it’s going to be because of Trump’s incompetence, so yeah, I don’t think giving him the benefit of the doubt is warranted.

At least the Ocho is back!

2 Likes

2 Likes

French doctor’s union has written to Macron saying:

It is a total and absolute quarantine of the entire population that we need, like the measures deployed in China: no going out, no interpersonal contact outside the home, strict shutdown of all non-vital businesses and public transport, and the supply of families at home by fully protected personnel with FFP2 masks.

The French health minister said today they would like to see results from the lockdown in two to three weeks (also adding that it being extended beyond two weeks was very likely). I also read today an Italian health official saying they had wanted signs in around a week but were not really seeing them. I think it’s still too early, but there seems definite weak signs that the European style lockdowns, at least in countries where it got a foothold, are not going to cut it in terms of containing extreme pressure on health services. Fingers crossed, though.

2 Likes

Sounds exceptionally impossible

I think the biggest problems with innumeracy in this crisis are more about not understanding large numbers than not understanding exponents.

1 Like

There’s no way the Czech government can stop this lockdown on the 24th like they plan to.

WAAF if that happens

Yes, I would think so, can’t see how France could do that.

I don’t think my predictions are worth much, but at the moment I’m thinking the lockdowns last a few months until growing disobedience and seeming lack of effect put an end to them, at least in the more extreme forms.

If you want your rage to peak, here you go.

My sister’s are both pharmacists in hospitals.

And the new thing is, these drugs that are hopeful as treatment but are very scarce here because they are normally for malaria. Well doctors are writing scripts for themselves and family members and stockpiling them and cleaning out hospital supplies.

1 Like

I have my doubts that ignoring the Daily Presidential Briefing titled „Coronavirus determined to strike in US“ will bring down this administration.

3 Likes

Fuck yeah.

The way this is working out in America is exactly what happened in V for Vendetta. Fucking called it. It’d be great timing for CTH to do an episode on it.

WTF? Was that a FOX reporter? So yeah…if “Chinese food” isn’t racist, then how can "Chinese virus’ be racist? One difference is that Chinese food doesn’t kill people.

I would be okay with doctors and nurses being first in line if their efficacy is actually proven but hoarding for family and friends no.

2 Likes

I feel like “Chinese finger trap” is racist though

Racism is always, always about what words you’re not allowed to say with these people.

If “Chinese” is ok in some contexts, of course it’s ok to call it the Chinese Flu.

2 Likes

learning that we’re all the guy in the zombie movie that gets bit and tries to hide it and that there are a ton of jude laws from contagion out there and that they’re also doctors, not just alex jones types is a complete trip. we’re just all the worst and always have been.

4 Likes