SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

I don’t know. I like fresh fruits and veggies. What can I say? Also, my small apartment freezer will only hold so much, so I’m still planning on having to go out and shop on at least a weekly basis. I’m not worried about my own safety, but I’m highly worried about contracting it and giving it to those more vulnerable. They should really start instituting alternate days for shopping to keep older more vulnerable people away from the younger population imo

https://twitter.com/JulieNBCNews/status/1240042698318503938

I’m guessing it’s because they travel a lot.

Also definitely tons of people have it as well and we don’t know about it.

But airport seems like the worst place to be.

I am Scottish and I would go visit Missoula if it was an opportunity that crossed my path (I used to drink w a guy from there). But I’m way, way less harsh w the kids. So you pretty much nailed it.

Also, want to give shout out and thanks to the members of UP for this thread. I’ve been way ahead of the rest of my area in regards to preparing for this. For example, and due to this thread:

• I had a conversation with one of my firm’s partners on Thursday, Feb 27 about what the expectations were for the staff if we were forced to stay home. This resulted in the partners having a meeting on the following Monday to discuss things. Two partners were on board that this might be a big deal. The other 4 shrugged their shoulders.

• I started putting in place WFH ability for all staff at my firm on the following monday… I already had about half set up with VPNs but rolled out VPNs to the other half. Told the staff to take their machines home that week and test their connections. Also put better disaster recovery options in place.

• My wife and I went shopping on Saturday, February 29 to stock up in case we were stuck at home for awhile. Beat the rush, but didn’t over do it. We have one pack of TP on the shelf (big pack, costco!). Stocked up on meds and some cleaning stuff as well.

• Told my wife to prepare ourselves for our daughters school to get closed. We weren’t surprised when it closed a week later.

• Told the manager of my racquetball league to take me off the schedule for the foreseeable future (the gym closed a week later)

• Told my firm I’d be working from home beginning yesterday. Others have started, but the firm hasn’t closed yet. Told my wife to insist to her boss that she’s working from home. She started that today. The rest of her (state) agency will be doing it tomorrow. Not sure if my wife helped them make that decision.

Anyways, thanks everybody. Nobody at work believed me when I said it was going to get this bad…

35 Likes

My kid’s elementary school just put out 100+ page PDF packets, customized for each grade level. Happy to send you the link if interested, just shoot me a PM.

1 Like

Missoula’s a super cool town, at least when I was there 20 years ago. Almost played poker in the back of a bar but the dealer looked like he was real good with the cards and I wasn’t sure it was on the up and up.

It’s obviously the latter. You can take any public figures that are available right now and multiply it by at least 100 to get closer to the real figure of people who have it

Just saw this. Even if this is true (and I suspect it is), imagine how many more cases there really are than is currently being reported

Even turtle is pushing this hard to get something happening, fml . Can we get Dick Butkus to go hang out on the perimeter of Rand Pauls yard.

3 Likes

Nice job there :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are simply saying you can’t be bothered with the inconvenience. Your logic about safety of others is off. If your recklessness results in you getting infected then you might steal an ICU bed from someone who wasn’t out there buying organic papayas every week.

2 Likes

Slightest bit of nasal congestion and I’m freaking out. It’s completely normal for me. Bleeping flowers in bloom all along the trail and I am usually a bit stuffy 90% of the time.

Have been unusually clear headed the last couple of weeks. So now any stuffiness is suspect . Also remembered that I took my Zyrtec only a bit a go. Forgot this morning. That must be it.

No worries.

1 Like

I mean I didn’t disagree, lots of regular people have it of course and our official numbers and lack of testing is a complete joke. But people who travel a ton and interact with people who travel a ton are obviously going to have this at much higher rates than normal people.

2 Likes

I was going to post: Why?

I then realized I conflated, “What’s in the box?” with Nancy Kerrigan.

I saw the end of seven before I watched the whole movie. Any movie with her head in a box is two thumbs up from me.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert!

:wink:

2 Likes

Fatboy8 should do this. Seems ideal.

Hard to believe that was 25 years ago. Time does fly. Until your stuck at home all day everyday.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure a colleague/friend has it. She self quarantined a few days ago out of caution, checked on her today and she’s like, I’m fine, just really tired, my joints ache and I have a fever that spikes every night, but no cough, so I’m good… I’m like, no, that sounds like a lot of accounts, you need to call a doc ASAP and see if you can get tested.