SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

You guys know this is going to go on for months, right? Is your plan to never leave the house or do anything for the next four months?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/maxbrooksauthor/status/1239624352305303552

4 Likes

I’ll go out for walks and runs when my breathing’s better, but basically I’m not doing normal stuff until I decide that now is the time to catch this thing.

1 Like

I already don’t leave the house. See my post above about going to the office.

4 Likes

I’m in Chicago, in my bedroom, you’re in Australia, a place I’m not sure really exists. We’re talking! Why would I need to leave the house?

9 Likes

At least try to get a brisk walk or something. This is going to be a long slog and you’ve got to keep your mind/body together.

1 Like

Most cell phone plans include mobile hot spot. See if you can figure that out in the short term.

If my internet goes down during this shit’s going to get wild.

1 Like

If you don’t want to leave the house that’s cool, but I think it’s weird to evince surprise that others might be willing to do so. Maybe you’re being sarcastic but shrug.

There are two reasons to isolate: 1) to avoid getting the virus yourself, which imo is generally paranoid for people who aren’t at particular risk, if your hospital system isn’t already overstressed, and 2) to avoid contributing to fast spread of the virus. But 2) varies super hard by person and circumstances. I live in a place where the virus hasn’t really taken hold yet. I also don’t have a workplace and frequently spend days with minimal contact with others. My chances of becoming some sort of super-spreader are extremely slim, even if I catch the thing.

We are nearing the perfect time for a global internet takedown.

1 Like

There is a difference between leaving the house to get supplies or go on a run in the open, but to willingly go into a sweating, heaving mass of humans in order to pick up heavy things is fucking stupid. There are heavy things all around your house. Pick them up if you feel you have to.

4 Likes

I’ve been debating whether or not to download a supply of TV shows and movies in case. I have video games and music software that don’t require internet.

1 Like

Conceded that I’m not personally going to go to the gym during all this, but I might if it were my only option for exercise. Like if I lived in a big city with heavy traffic and there’s nowhere to run.

This is actually a really great piece of advice I hadn’t considered.

You run in place, do short sprints across the living room. Find another option to exercise in the home. It can be done. Take up dancing, its a great workout that doesn’t require a lot of space. Fuck, Ill send everyone here a copy of Jazzercise if it keeps them out of the fucking petri dishes that are gyms.

3 Likes

The entertainment version of stockpiling groceries, but without affecting anyone else - I like it.

1 Like

It’s wild to me that people think going to a mostly empty gym is a danger zone while zipping off to the store right now is nbd.

Again, circumstances vary really widely here. “Going to the gym” conjures very different visions for different people, depending on what their gyms look like.

This is the internet. Nuance is not allowed.

5 Likes