Sandwich bracket interest thread!

I have no idea how there could be enough sandwiches for this, but I’ll follow along and vote if it gets going.

Well we got 40 already (well shit, 39 since I said no patty melt, maybe I’ll relent on that since it’s on the image).

And I have a couple to add:

muffaletta

fish sandwich

You ain’t putting in panino con la milza, I’m not interested.

Also seem to be missing a chop cheese sandwich as well

And if you’re including a gyro, why not a kebab?

I think he’s saying that’s just the starting list and an additional 24 sandwiches can be added.

I’ll nominate the Portuguese francesinha. It doesn’t photograph well, but I can assure you a well made one is heaven on earth (and a heart attack waiting to happen).

{07CCFF57-63A1-4B5A-9989-6DEBA963D514}

2nd nom nom nomination is Montreal smoked meat:

And now I’m hungry and Dinner isn’t for 3 hours, FU!

I still remember the one we did in OOT. Winner was Philly Cheesesteak. It was a fucking travesty.

Recently had this a couple of times when I was in Portugal. It’s a very good sandwich, but I wouldn’t put it in the top most tier. However, I must admit I got it without the fried egg, because I don’t like those. I also found the sauce lacking. I really think that they could have gone with something more flavorful.

Certainly bracket worthy, but destined to fail because it’s not elite and hardly anyone has had one let alone an authentic one.

This on the other hand is S-tier. I’ve only been to Montreal 3 times but I’ve been to Schwartz’s 6 or 7 times.

1 Like

True but 64 sandwiches is a lot, so gotta let a few mid majors in. And the francesinha had a great season in the Iberian Coast Conference

1 Like

Need a ruling if a cheeseburger is a sandwich

Ohhhhhh I second this one. Completely forgot about it.

1 Like

Let us not forget the bocadillo either. This pic is a breakfast version of one.

Also, is the hot dog a sandwich? Because the Icelandic Hot Dog should count it so.

Bocadillo is on the starting 40.

Read the OP. No.

No.

1. Monte Cristo is one hell of a sandwich omnomnom