Sandwich bracket interest thread!

Raw minced pork you say?

Btw thanks for including a pic. When I do the tourney I plan to find the most appetizing photo of each sandwich. So for anyone nominating, if you want to give your sandwich the best chance, add a mouthwatering pic.

Yes, raw minced pork.

The open-faced pictures are better obviously, but does it qualify as sandwich in this form?

Saw that this existed. Not sure if helpful, but maybe for initial seeding?

https://tiermaker.com/categories/food-and-drink/encyclopedia-of-sandwiches-60

Yes!

Perfect. I’ll use that then randomize within the tiers.

Oh yeah, I’m adding BBQ Brisket sandwich (can have onion rings and some variations even have cheese).

Also Jewish deli pastrami sandwich

1 Like

Nashville/spicy chicken should probably have it’s own category aside from fried chicken

If open faced sammys qualify avocado toast has to be in there

1 Like

I’ll allow avocado toast. Just trying to keep the burgers, dogs, and sausages out. I feel like those should be their own competition.

Tortas in C-tier would probably launch some lawnmowers into space.

Although for Mexican sandwiches, cemitas (from Puebla)

or tortas ahogadas (from Jalisco) would get my vote

Hand pie:

Sausage roll:

Edited to add: Don’t at me about a sausage roll being some kind of hot dog, that’s bullshit. The best sausage rolls don’t use sausage in a casing. These are legit sandwiches and should be treated accordingly!

Czech Republic is totally lacking in sandwiches. I mean we have chlebíčky but they’re just open faced “sandwiches” that are more like New Year’s Eve appetizers than an actual sandwich.

I wanted to nominate pljeskavica but unfortunately it’s too close to a burger to qualify imo. Cevapi u tortilji is good too but I don’t know if we’re counting things wrapped in tortillas.

Torta is on the original 40. Cemita absolutely belongs, and according the the residents of Puebla, a cemita is NOT a torta.

See the back cover of my book for a cemita in the process of being devoured and me attempting to make a DAYUM face.

1 Like

No sausage.

Is a hand Joe like a sloppy Joe?

…so isn’t Beef Wellington then a sandwich, too?

Also what about this:

1 Like

No

Since I’m allowing patty melt as the lone entry with a burger patty, I’ll allow one meat in tube form entry.

Make your best cases and I’ll put it to a vote.

No bickering though! Don’t make me regret this act of benevolent generosity.

Does a stromboli qualify as a sandwich?

Corndog obviously

In honor of Cousin Tim Walz, i submit the Runza (beirock).

1 Like