Sabo was improperly permabanned. This should be reversed

2 Likes

But jokes aside I agree with you that it seems like the ban should be reversed, although I think it would be valid to have another poll. @moderators what do you think?

I don’t know who Sabo is and I don’t give a shit.

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to find a thread regarding a voting threshold on permbans, can you link to it?

I’ll create a new poll on unbanning Sabo depending on the previously agreed upon permban rules.

1 Like

I’m really avoiding these treads now but I can’t not comment here. Sabo is the single worst poster I have seen in 25 years online. He was removed by a valid and legal vote. He absolutely should not be back. His sole goal in posting is destroying discussion. He is the only poster I have ever seen with zero good faith.

5 Likes

I don’t think moderators should be able to unilaterally undo a decision made by the community regardless of their personal feelings. For example I voted on the original thread about permbanning people by request that people should be banned if they ask for it but the community voted for a 2 week cooldown first so I’ve followed that.

Hmmm, what could have happened between those dates that may have changed people’s minds…

2 Likes

What threshold? The only polls with thresholds by rule are mod confirmations that need a 2/3s majority, every other poll is a plurality as far as I know.

Well then a new effort should have been initiated, since the poll should have been closed. And also the threshold hadn’t been met when Wookie re-instated the ban. It was a simple majority at that time.

Fair enough, wookie used the poll as cover to permban Sabo. I’m not going to unban Sabo unilaterally as a tit-for-tat.

Do you have something else that was enacted which specifically enforces a simple majority for perma bans?

There’s a poll regarding keeping Sabo permbanned where a majority of posters voted to keep the ban in place and you’re asking mods to ignore those results because of technicalities that involve knowing precise timelines of events from 6 months ago. I’m choosing to uphold the results of the existing poll.

The section you highlighted is regarding RFCs on rules, I don’t think it applies to votes on other polls.

1 Like

So sixty percent then?

Are we done?

Lol people fighting to bring sabo back under the guise of propriety is funny.

Watery dune hair.

3 Likes

It’s for a proposal, defined as rules pertaining to standards of user conduct or forum moderation, including selection, and tenure and conduct of moderators. Do you have something you can reference that specifically addresses perma bans and a simple majority? Otherwise, it would seem obvious that this section is relevant. I mean what is the basis for a simple majority requirement for perma bans?

1 Like
  1. It’s not
  2. 60% threshold was hit
  3. This is absurdly obnoxious

I know you’re a proud non-reader and all, but try to keep up. That’s already been addressed.

Could someone post a link to the RFC about permabans?

2 Likes

That is a technicality at best. He had been banned, BY YOU.

The community seemed pretty sure he needed to be permabanned.

I think having flip flopping moderation creating technicalities that trump the will of the community is a bad path to go down. And this is very much a technicality.