Sabo permaban confirmation

SenorKeed asked for more time, in particular for JT to come back and participate, to establish how the subforum will operate.

1 Like

Isnā€™t he here and just posting under another name? People have so many accounts I canā€™t keep track and Iā€™m saying that with no snark whatsoever.

Eta: JT will always be my boy because he hooked me up with my favorite blanket ever.

Seriously what is the point of keep saying how thereā€™s another forum that sabo opened? How is this not blatant trolling? These guys are a part of this community, not less than Trolly. They are not interested in some silly blog that one dude opened.

12 Likes

Did you miss the part where they demanded their own community? They literally got what they wanted, or at least what they say they want.

Hint: itā€™s not what they actually want. They actually want changes the community rejected.

You guys keep calling it a ā€œblogā€ when itā€™s very clearly a forum where people can sign up and post. Thatā€™s not very honest.

Supposedly these guys want their own forum with different moderation standards, but now that they have exactly this itā€™s still a never-ending shitshow at UP. Is there any reason to believe things will calm down if Keed gets his own sub-section of UP or whatever it is they say they want?

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe things will calm down, but I also donā€™t believe that calming things down should necessarily be a goal.

Sorry if Iā€™m an offender on this; I read the whole PM thread as soon it was published, but then I was offline for a long time after that, so I was just honestly curious about where all the ā€˜actionā€™ went. Iā€™ll drop it.

Well, Iā€™ll drop it after saying that I just closed the tab with the Captains forum, but before doing so I noticed that it seems like Sabo is posting pretty frequently there by himself while using Trollyā€™s avatar. Am I the only one that finds that kind of disturbing? Or at least vaguely unsettling?

No.

Sabo might not have abolished all landlords but he is living rent free in the majority of yā€™alls heads.

17 Likes

Definitely not, I think we should perma that guy

2 Likes

The distinction is meaningless. It is the forumiest forum of all forums. The point is the members of the community arenā€™t interested in that forum. I donā€™t think you think that what is keeping them from achieving the goal is the technical ability to find a forum. As someone once said, thatā€™s not very honest.

The bottom line is this - if you keep mentioning that forum you are either trolling (trying to get a negative reaction out of a specific set of community members) or actively attempting to push said members out of this community. Both activities are negative in my opinion. Letā€™s be better.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s an Xzibit meme in here somewhere but I canā€™t quite place it.

Itā€™s a distinction you tried to draw!

And youā€™re condescending to lecture me about trolling?

Exactly? It seems relevant to me to point out that these guys who say they want their own independent forum donā€™t actually seem to be interested in having an independent forum. I donā€™t want people to leave, but that would be preferable to this perpetual whining and trolling over the past month thatā€™s been driving out long-term members of the community.

2 Likes

Nobody from that ā€œgroupā€ has complained for days. Most of the posts for the past few days have been people needlessly agitating in hopes of provoking a response from them.

7 Likes

Going to agree with trolly here. What is the goal? To have an independent forum with its own rules or to force that upon this site?

The former is trivially easy. The later much more complicated.

Certainly wanting to have the former as a part of this place might be possible but still much more complicated.

I guess the question is to the group, what is your primary goal?

I personally donā€™t want a bunch of people to leave but I also donā€™t know that completely split modding will actually work. I also know we canā€™t carry on with this bickering and fighting while people decide what they want.

Can we get a clear declaration on whatā€™s desired as the most important result in all this? Is staying here more important than a new modding structure, Vice versa? Are they precisely and exactly tied? Some other goal?

1 Like

Iā€™m not too sure how much of it has to do with arguments or any of that shit. I know two 2+2ers now who bailed after over a decade of posting with the honest reason for their leave being that they wanted to break the cycle of feeling forced to post and refresh dumb threads over so many years of their lives.

1 Like

I encourage you to consider the possibility that it isnā€™t just the posters you dislike who have been doing this

10 Likes

The ā€œWE DEMAND A NEW SUBFORUMā€ group really hasnā€™t cited anywhere near enough tyranny to demand a forum split. The odds of them finding the first ever internet utopia is very low but hey why not let them try!

1 Like

We can disagree on the idea of the new sub without denying their right to try. We have processes in place to discuss and vote on this stuff, lets work through it.

These folks have been part of the community for a long time, and its perfectly reasonable to discuss ways to improve it.

Lots of unnecessary sniping and digs both ways lately, definitely doesnt move things forward, which is what we all claim to want.

1 Like