Rooting for Bubba Wallace & His Black Lives Matter #43 Car in NASCAR Race at Martinsville

There’s the caution… Big stop here for the 43.

They also killed the Richmond races?

Richmond’s still on the schedule.

1 Like

In 12th, out 14th. Slid to 15th now. Hopefully they got him dialed in… He got stock on the outside 3 wide, back to 17th now.

Looks like someone got into his left rear.

Since when does Jimmie not drive for Lowe’s? Man I’m so far behind

They were three wide for a bit.

I also don’t mind watching them race without a crowd.

Ok I’m watching. I don’t get it. Looks my stupid little race car track I have in the basement.

How fast are they going? Give me Indy.

There’s a thread for this sweat, but the average speed is like 87-89mph, the top speed is probably around 125 or so I’m guessing. And not much sweating going on, after a strong start our guy had some bad luck on a pit stop with some broken equipment.

You can’t tell how fast they’re going until dash cam but when they show it you can see they movin

1 Like

Bubba roaring toward the top 10, he’s gotta track down Jimmie Johnson with 11 to go to get a top 10.

1 Like

Damn, almost got Johnson for the top 10 but he held him off. Still a strong run for him, and the significance of what he accomplished this week went way beyond his finish.

2 Likes

Please please please do live commentary for the next sporting event. I will donate $10 to your patreon. Unstuckers only invited obv.

You mean like an audio broadcast? Or like this thread?

I would take this thread, but if you talk like you write, audio broadcast all the way

Haha you took me down a bit of a rabbit hole listening back to some of my old radio work that I still have saved. I only have a small clip that’s easy to share, since it’s on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_FaTGtrULC/

Don’t think I could do anything justice on here, cause it wouldn’t be worth the prep time I’d have to put in to just do it for fun for a small group - especially for NASCAR. Would be kind of funny to do one for this audience, though, dropping facts about how many Confederate monuments had recently been destroyed in each driver’s hometown, and such.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty great call.

It’s hard for me to get into NASCAR without having a driver. I could get behind Bubba Wallace, but he’s a mid-pack guy so it’s not all that interesting following him.

My interest pretty much died with Tony Stewart. I was a huge fan and even subscribed to get his in-car audio. He had some hilarious interactions with Zippy back in the day. Doesn’t help that most of the tracks suck, but I might make an effort to check in for the road courses, short tracks, and last 15 laps of the plate races (the first 90% of the race is basically an exhibition).

2 Likes

Sweet, thanks for sharing that. “And buries it!” was a great moment.

Fair enough, I will just have to follow along in the proper sports subforum :grinning:

1 Like

I lasted 2 minutes. I had an agreement with the operators at my chemical plant. I let them have NASCAR, they let me have hockey.

We talked college football.

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah me too. The last few years I only kept it up because I knew going to the race every year was a big deal for my Dad. Once we had golf to spend tons of time together, I had my out.

Thanks! The next time there’s a sports event with a lot of political significance when I’m not working, I’ll do updates on here again… And you can give the $10 to a related charity. ;)

1 Like

I’m just glad he wasn’t pulled over and shot by a cop for an expired license plate.

3 Likes