Rolling Stones aka the GOAT Tourney Thread

haha man i really love Miss You, I know its like discoish but man Mick just seeps through that whole song and i love it, his attitude etc.

1 Like

ugh “Dead Flowers” vs. “Miss You”

24 hours from now i will close the latest round, two real close ones right now

round closed, will try to do another later today or tonight

1 Like
1 Like

Ok we got our sweet sixteen.

First matchup is a doozy, I’m not sure 19th Nervous should be in this round so I expect Wild Horses to crush.

First Up

3 days for voting I think:

• Paint It Black
  • Jumpin Jack Flash
0 voters
  • Wild Horses
  • 19th Nervous Breakdown
0 voters
1 Like

PIB v JJF is a really tough one for me. Two peak 60s songs. Aaaaaargh.

Went for PIB because of the boldness of the subject matter and instrumentation but won’t be gutted if JJF wins - it has such a swagger.

1 Like
  • Satisfaction
  • Under My Thumb
0 voters
  • You Can’t Always Get What You Want
  • Beast of Burden
0 voters
1 Like

Group 3:

This is a doozy

• Gimme Shelter
  • Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
0 voters
  • Honkey Tonk Women
  • Angie
0 voters

Gimme Shelter versus Cant You Hear Me is like choosing which is better between Dom Perignon and Cristal.

2 Likes

Crap that is a tough one. I voted Gimme Shelter because I never knew the name of that song.

I’m surprised Angie is in the lead versus Honky Tonk Woman. I’ve always thought Angie was overrated and HTW is not only a classic but it’s like a super staple classic feature of all their live shows forever.

yea not sure on the angie love, honkey tonk i feel like is pure rolling stones but meh they’re both good

1 Like

Lots of very good and sometimes contrasting opinions here - I enjoy reading the thoughts and perceptions itt more than listening to the tracks (most of which I’m a bit overfamiliar with).

Well in fact thinking about it more now I rarely do listen to them except when it’s a close thing between two I haven’t heard for ages.

1 Like

Last Round of Sweet 16

• Sympathy for the Devil
  • Ruby Tuesday
0 voters
  • Miss You
  • Mothers Little Helper
0 voters

Getting into the short hairs now.

Did you know the names of these ones?

YES!

Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street are albums you just listen to all the way through. But for the most part not a ton of hits that get played over and over on classic rock radio.

Also not a lot of songs with very clear names like Angie where you know the name instantly. I mean Ventilator Blues? You’re not going to get that from the name. Same with Can You Hear Me Knocking.

What? Half the lyrics are literally “can’t you hear me knocking”.

2 Likes

Exile is the best group night drinking album I think I’ve ever heard.

Edit. Night group drinking? Is this even a phrase?

1 Like