RFC: Unban everyone

Seems like there’s some support for the first thing. Can we just do that? It’s the second thing that’s causing grief and it seems at odds with the first thing anyway.

Maybe time for a poll in the OP that gives options to separate or combine the two things.

Unban everyone. Moratorium on permabans until a procedure is passed. Wait for someone to be bad enough to spur action on a procedure.

2 Likes

I genuinely don’t see the point in giving an opinion.

1 Like

Can I have an invitation to the other site (AKA the Captains’ site)?

Also, can I have an invitation to the Discord place?

Thanks for your consideration. :-)

Sorry. I’m sure your local butcher sells raw liver.

The Discord is crypto only FYI, it’s not a substitute for Unstuck itself. If you’re interested in that though I can send you an invite

Gated community.

Not true, quite the opposite. Matt and Mason didn‘t allow the mods to permaban even the most egregious offenders.

Doesn’t achieve the effect he’s looking for of an inferior subset because in many people’s minds gated means better.

I was thinking of a place where misogynists/bad people live.

You mean like an apartment overlooking pool girls?

1 Like

Yes please. I don’t think I’ll ever get into those markets, but I’m curious to learn about them.

The damndest thing about this whole thing

I fully appreciate what Sabo was doing when he demanded UP give him an apology if UP voted to permaban him

bravo sir…bravo…

fuck it unban everyone

it wont fucking matter unless we actually try to make some rules that have escalating bans

Who is even banned that would post here otherwise?

Sabo
Inso0

Who else?
(Not counting self exiles/bans)

In the past two weeks we have had

commonWealth

quote=“whosnext, post:175, topic:4485, full:true”]
One month please and thank you. I cannot take any more of this.
[/quote]

[[quote=“LetsGambool2, post:179, topic:4485, full:true”]
Two weeks then perma please. I asked once before and it didn’t happen. I’m just tired and want to check out of social media.
[/quote]

Can I have the two-week pre-perma ban please? I get most of my news and online engagement from this forum and need to decide whether that’s worth the constant drama and hostility regularly on display. It’s also not healthy for me to scroll this shit while quarantined in a hotel room with covid. Thanks.

AngryQueer

1d

Two weeks and then perma please. I just can’t take Trolly anymore.

Don’t forget about @anon15325461

churchill

11h

Two weeks Cuse style (silence), please

ctyri

11h

Two weeks then perma please.

the fuck are we doing???

1 Like

Sabo is probably the only permabanned poster who follows what’s happening in the slightest (and I don’t know if he really wants to post here or not - he doesn’t want to be banned though). I believe there is precedent for self-banned posters to come back whenever they want.

Do you really need to do that? Has this place suffered because of not enough ban? Have the few days here and there of no-churchill or no-victor or no-watevs or no-riverman or no-jman or no-caffeinneeded made this place better? You think bans make people behave better in the future? People are going “damn, I got a ban, I better stay in line”? Maybe the punishment model doesn’t work. The ultimate punishment is toothless anyway as anyone can make new accounts. Ironic that Sabo is not posting because he’s one of the minority who haven’t made a ghost account and is respecting the site. Maybe if everyone agreed with every ban or no one ever got upset when they thought a ban was unfair it would be quieter here with bans, but that’s not the real world.

Like Fly got 100 bans and didn’t change and people like Luckbox learned how to suck without getting banned. That worked and made things better?

If this place was moderated to the standards you think are correct, do you think you should have been banned in the last few months for your body of work?

If so, do you think it would have improved the forum? Would it improve your posting?

Serious question, i think you’d agree you’re doing a type of eye for an eye with the malcontents

1 Like