RFC: Remove Riverman as a mod

Anyone who wants to argue for banning Riverman should cite posts and provide context in a way that makes your case clear to someone who doesn’t follow the relevant threads.

Edit: I meant demodding

3 Likes

No one is arguing to ban Riverman.

His ban of @JonnyA was probably the most ludicrous in forum history and he banned him for four days too despite zero history of Jonny having any issues on the forum. He has been antagonizing many members of the forum and then banning them for posts made against him. He drove off @anon10396289 as a mod even though he was doing a really good job and had been helping to mend some broken relationships on the forum. He’s been antagonizing other mods too, to a point where it’s been seen boiling over on the forum in a way that we haven’t had happen since the new modding system started.

These aren’t exactly easy things to cite, because they are overarching themes. If you aren’t following along with the day to day activity on the forum it might be hard to pickup on, but the reasons above are why having Riverman as a mod has been a negative experience for the forum.

4 Likes

I don’t believe this is true for the majority of the forum. I for one voted against him becoming a mod because I thought it was likely this was where we would end up. It should also be noted that the other mods that have been voted in under the new system have not acted in this way in their roles. I think Riverman was voted in because he was a popular poster and most people didn’t stop to think how he would moderate the forum based on his personality.

1 Like

This is a non-binding straw poll. Would you be in favor of removing Riverman as a mod?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

it is really funny one of the first ppl to vote in this is an alt of a person currently banned by Riverman.

I mean, shocker, the same band of shit stirring malcontents that has spent two years in a state of perpetual victimhood dislikes the crackdown on shitposting.

I truly don’t get why a sizable minority is here at all. Posting terribly to get a reaction, then having coordinated faux rage when getting the desired reaction, to inevitably threaten to take the collective ball and go home, is childish and makes the forum worse.

Banning trolls and shit posters was my explicit promise. Deal with it.

14 Likes

Yeah, my history on this forum can definitely be described in this way. Jonny, who you banned for four days for no reason can definitely be described in this way too.

3 Likes

Why haven’t you banned yourself then?

2 Likes

Am I out of touch?

No, it’s the shit stirring malcontents who are wrong.

9 Likes

Not gonna lie

I clicked on bill Haywood name to mute him for a month and when I did it said he was banned for a day

So yeah. That guy was out of control and would have continued to make that important thread unreadable.

2 Likes

Y’all don’t ban every person that just rambles non stop. And that’s fine

But muting Churchill and jalfrxxrri or whatever the f their name is has made this forum a lot better to read

8 Likes

We could benefit a lot from losing all of our high volume - low quality posters. They meaningfully degrade every thread here.

And I find anyone who is unhappy about that extremely suspect. If it was up to me we’d perma all of these people and then perma everyone who complained about it. This whole place would improve massively overnight.

This is a private internet forum nobody has a ‘right’ to post here. Try harder to post good content or shut the fuck up.

2 Likes

Yes because surely this list is the same for everyone :roll_eyes:

If you think jalfrezi and churchill are good posters who make the forum a better place I don’t give a shit what your list looks like. And yes I’d happily perma you to silence the complaining about getting rid of obvious trolls.

1 Like

Can we ban every bloodthirsty idiot shitlib regurgitating acela corridor putin psychobabble? The Ukraine thread is a joke, it’s just the same stupid post over and over again

9 Likes

If you and ikes and Riverman and cuse and whoever else you deem high-quality enough for your own precious eyes want your own private discussion why don’t you go start one instead of trying to lord over this one

3 Likes

i think RM learned his lesson. i’m no longer deeply concerned.

2 Likes

jesus imagine not liking fucking riverman of all people

3 Likes

Two points - 1) part of the issue here is that Riverman is also one of the biggest players in this game in addition to being the referee. He gives as good as he gets, but then bans people that argue with him, so it creates a pretty unbalances discussion where he can troll/mock etc. but then can (and does) ban those that push back.

1. As I posted in the mod nomination thread, it would be far better to silence people that ban them. If banned it makes this forum unreadable until the ban is over, and if you want to follow fast moving threads, even a few day ban is quite annoying.
3 Likes

Really? I sometimes make fun of Riverman for his rage posting, and I’ve never been banned.

1 Like