RFC: Remove Riverman as a mod

I think there is a strong argument that Riverman is not moderating UP in a manner which is benefiting the forum as a whole. Continuing this approach risks the forum losing posters. Starting this RFC for discussion and so that the option is available to put forward an official vote for removal if it is viewed in the best interest of the forum.

Because of the nature of this thread, I would request that any moderation based on a post made in this thread should be done by another moderator. I would also ask that any commentary by those in favor of removing Riverman as a mod be done without making a direct attack on him as a person. This may be a difficult task, but I would like to keep the discussion based in the idea that the style of moderation is not benefiting the forum.

6 Likes

Specifics?

1 Like

Sorry, just getting caught up. What bans are you basing this on, the Bill Hayword one and…? Also thanks for changing your Avatar. I at one point thought that Riverman was on Ecstasy before I realized it wasn’t him posting.

2 Likes

banning a guy for posting the same stupid ass video repeatedly and generally being annoying for a short period (4 hours per riverman) isn’t worth demodding someone, even if you disagree with it.

This is fishing for drama meb.

4 Likes

Lighten-up, Frances.

1 Like

Banning JonnyA for 3 or 4 days because he mentioned cruise stocks in the crypto thread was an awful ban.

7 Likes

people need to be a little more nimble. jfc

My bad—I have the About Moderation thread hidden and didn’t see all the posts.

1 Like

Riverman has been very quick to ban, acted on posts directly arguing with him, and has stirred up modwars where there hadn’t really been any under the new system.

That said, the RFC process is extremely long, so I basically just started this so we would have the option available.

Appropriating a mods avatar to sow confusion then remove him from power… how Machiavellian

4 Likes

I dont agree with every decision Riverman has made, but he literally ran for mod stating he would be quicker to ban people than what we had seen in the past. Then he got enough of the vote to be a moderator. We can’t go shocked pikachu that he is acting exactly how he told us he would, even if I disagree with some of it.

9 Likes

We paid for these NFTs. Private property.

2 Likes

This is also a moment worth realizing that an unpaid mod is receiving pushback for a questionable 4 hour ban and would likely adapt and listen moving forward, instead, folks want to burn the place down creating a bigger desolate shithole than what some think rm did.

4 Likes

It needs to stop

7 Likes

This is not the first time he’s faced pushback over a ban. He has not adapted or listened. Any other ideas?

the forum can adapt. bunch of invalids

if I get a timeout, ill adapt

The forum is “adapting” by continuing to lose posters. If that’s your goal, fine.

i say good riddance if they’re too fucking dumb to preserve self on a zero consequence politics forum

Eh, hadn’t Haywood made like 2 other posts here ever?