RFC: Permaban Sabo?

You’ve been supplied the results of the poll. If you’re claiming that they’re fraudulent, yes, it’s on you to supply evidence that somehow votes were added to a poll that was written to auto-close.

you should make like victor and look that up

hint: parroting victor will make you look like a moron.

thanks for supporting that what you said was wrong. Feel free to apologize anytime.

1 Like

so we’re on the third justification for it

seems pretty damn trumpian

1 Like

what argument? You asserted something blindly, and have clearly demonstrated you have zero understanding what happened.

Imagine thinking it isn’t ikes and goofy who are the malcontents.

2 Likes

There is no rule on any process being required for a permaban.

1 Like

I asked you today to show me the posts of all the Captains calling to ban jmakin today and you called that trolling. So ummm, stop trolling.

You are welcome to start the process to make a rule if you don’t like this one, but a solid majority of the forum was in favor of banning Sabo.

I don’t recall deleting anything.

I really think we should make goofy mod again because no one in the forum has ever had this type of decline. It’s a long shot, but it might be the only solution.

1 Like

Of course it was bullshit. The mod who banned him said “he permed him for now but might reconsider”. Then Keeed tried to help by creating a poll, which I think Sabo might have even asked him to do. There wasn’t even an RFQBBQ process at the time. After a few days the mod decided to rescind the perm ban. Keeed didn’t close the poll, in the meantime something blew up (PM gate maybe?) and a bunch of users then changed their votes. But the poll should have been rescinded before then anyway.

Was this really necessary? Jmakin came back here on his own, and asked to please not keep getting nuked. I started an RFC on him being banned. Turning around and immediately making a Sabo RFC as a tit for tat is pretty trollish. Granted, Goofy’s subsequent ones were even more trollish, but you legitimately have a user that has asked to be able to post who as near as I can tell has never actually been banned by any sort of process or poll (unlike Sabo), who is only self-banned right now, and who appears to currently have the support of 80 percent of the forum.

1 Like

oh no it’s the consequences of their actions!

This has always been the key difference between the two “sides.” Tons of people on his team point out Jmans trolling. Ikes gets called out routinely. Trolly and Goofy get heat when they step across the boundary. They’re ok with people saying they’re in the wrong.

But the Captains will always stick up for their own no matter what. Micro maybe told Jal to knock it off once 18 months ago. And that’s it. They’re friends, they all acknowledge that they’re friends and talk about the rest of us behind our backs. There’s just no way to make progress in that environment.

4 Likes

There has been quite an impressive amount of “well actually it’s pretty clear jman, ikes and goofy’s posts have been mind-boggling awful today and should probably require moderation but did not, which proves the captains are the bad guys!” posts. It’s almost as if nothing actually matters.

1 Like

I mean there’s clearly no bad guys. All of the controversial posters make good points and bad points sometimes. I just wish everyone would try to be a little more objective about it.

Tangential but relevant - there was a time when some posters would say something like “we’re all on the same team here” in the spirit of unity, and a very specific group of people pushed back on that idea hard. You can maybe guess which group that was.

I can, but you won’t like my answer.

If ‘objectivity’ was anything desirable here the group I mentioned would be taken a scolding from the community for this absurd showing. It’s amazing to see how anyone who tries to comment on things “objectively” immediately becomes part of this amorphic group.

Like both your posts here consist of unproven generalization that are objectively wrong, but it’s pointless really. I mean you do get the occasional user that starts seeing the absurdity, but mostly people rightfully don’t care so it’s all meaningless.

I think you generally do a pretty good job of being objective even though I obviously disagree with you on this topic. My whole point is that the group you mentioned does get scolded regularly.

I disagree with that statement. I also disagree with the idea that people should be felt part of a group where there was a very organized attempt to make sure they are not (or at least they better ‘get their act together’ based on some non existing standard). There are numerous great posters that were lost simply because of the disgusting “uk bros” period.

“Unity” is useless when it is called upon by members of the hegemonic group without any desire for the slightest self-reflection. You can rightfully make fun of how unimportant this all is (“lol you people it’s an internet messageboard do something with your life” etc etc), but in that case the whole conversation is redundant.