RFC: Permaban Jmakin?

oh this is rich. the rfc process was spun up largely because of the unholy war you all spun up over the ■■■■ debacle. and then multiple other debacles. and then you guys abused it to fuck this place over, took your ball and left, and are only here to still fuck this place over. cytri et al just said the quiet part out loud. I dont really know how any of you can deny it anymore - if this place is so shit, why are you here? why are you in this thread? you all just show up … out of the goodness of your heart, I suppose?

must be one of my “episodes.” let’s trot out some other common mental health stigma buzzwords now. can i get a nutjob? psycho?

1 Like

we love ‘little dumpster fires’?

1 Like

This kind of behaviour can’t be healthy man, if you’re asking people, having people send you anything that might get you upset, what are you doing?

All the best dude, this is too much though.

You are right that some people on the other forum (not people thought of as Captains) do not want right-wing posters, though, there have been conservative-ish posters (people from UP - so not like real conservatives) invited, some who have accepted.

eta: also, I don’t think any of the people there were calling for bans even on 2p2, but there are people who just left there because they found some posts on 2p2 uncomfortable to be around, and some of those people left here because they found some posts uncomfortable to be around, and I think one person left the “captains” site because they found some posts to be uncomfortable to be around.

I’ve never started an RFC or campaigned for someone else to start one, so you’re talking to the wrong person here. I think the RFC process is stupidly bureaucratic and unnecessary anyway.

We could have had it allllllllllllllllllll

1 Like

I had forgotten that you joined since you were not a member when I was very active within there. My bad.

You’ve gotten very emotional again and I just dont have it in me to match the level you’ve worked yourself up to, I’m enjoying the hockey game.

Have a good day dude.

The reality is that literally everyone here could fix the place instantly by being the change they want to see in the world.

Simplest fix ever. Just stop bickering.

• someone wrong on the internet. Make your point once or twice then move on.
  • someone posting badly. Move on.
  • someone tries to get someone banned. Vote against it and move on.
12 Likes

Or spend another few hundred hours arguing in these stupid threads, up to you.

I’m not sure we’ve had a single real problem in the history of the discord

1 Like
  • Someone gets unfairly banned for a long time - no big deal, suck it up pussy!
1 Like

Yes. You and victor are both right. That one doesnt work in a vacuum. Which is why there were three points on the list.

More broadly. Theres a clear majority behind.

1. Not perma banning all but the most extreme cases.
  2. Allowing the mods to moderate as they best see fit.

Now everyone just needs to make their peace with whichever of these they most object to. Like it’s really “you want it to be one way… it’s the other way” territory" for all of the worst bickerers.

3 Likes

Closing as the discussion is not longer related to the RFC.

3 Likes

oh come on can i just be left alone

I’m not actually going to ban you and I apologize for posting it as if I was serious.

1 Like

my bad