RFC: A rule requiring pms to moderators before posting complaints.

At any rate, I’ve said my piece. Along with many other threads this one goes mute. This is a terrible idea. Yeah we should not be trying to make things hard on mods, but the 2p2 rule around when we can question moderation? That sucks really really hard. Really hard.

1 Like

seems like some folks just pine for the good ole days when people actually stood up for mod rights.

I agree. The rule is a really good idea too. Report to mod, if no response or action in 24 hours, detonate drama bomb

If you have ideas about how to make things less hard on the mods, I would like to hear it.

Rotate new mods in and old mods out, give those poor guys a break!

6 Likes

Did you survive?

1 Like

Posters should PM moderators before posting to complain about it, but that’s something that should be done as a courtesy and not because you are forced to because of a rule. Trying to codify everything is silly.

On the other hand, I would not think poorly of a mod who discounts the opinion of posters who act as if their goal is to maximize drama with their complaints.

As I said, I’ve said enough on this thread. I’ve also said more than enough about modding, but since you ask, I’ll just repeat it’s mostly what Keeed just said. Mods rotate. Automatically. No votes on whether they were good mods or not. If they had problems, at least the problems won’t last. Should make it easier for mods and non-mods to take this less seriously. Does not create different classes of users on the site.

10 Likes

From the other thread:

Wouldn’t bother me at all, I’m sure it wouldn’t bother a lot of others as well. And if it’s just for three or six months, who cares? A minor hassle at worst.

1 Like

Cool, I guess. I don’t think infinite deference to insults should be a requirement to mod here.

1 Like

Someone questioning your moderation decision isn’t an insult.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve been called megalomaniacal, unfit, biased, complicit in white supremacy, abusive, and several others. Skydiver got called complicit in murder. Really great community we got here.

You really don’t think that saying wookie was part of a white supremacist org is an insult? Or are you going to do the typical keeeed thing and dishonestly try to say that it’s not that?

well ikes was saying:

Which is what I was addressing. I’m sure you’ve been insulted before, just like practically everyone else here. Even myself, hard as that might be to believe.

2 Likes

Wasn’t aware of anyone preventing you from a vote for mod. You requested a poll closed on the position when it last came up.

Keed, you’ve got to have the highest ratio on this site of “insults received:insults delivered”.

Respect. I doubt I could handle it as graciously as you do.

4 Likes

I don’t want to be mod with wookie if he wants to be a mod indefinitely.

Well the community voted 90%+ to keep him, so maybe it’s a good idea to not have you as a mod given your disagreement with the community at large.

1 Like

I mean have you been following this conversation? It all started with me and microbet suggesting that it would make it easier for moderators if they just automatically rotated out every six months. Then you were all but who would do it, and then a bunch of names, including my own, were suggested.