RFC: A rule requiring pms to moderators before posting complaints.

No permission at all is required. Literally all it is is a system whereby a poster at least gives a mod a freaking chance to do the thing the poster is asking for before that poster takes it to the never-ending drama threads. Poster is still free to otherwise bitch to their hearts content.

1 Like

My literal only contribution to that latest dispute was a link to this thread as a possible solution.

I was personally abused by clovis for no good reason but according to you thatā€™s me stirring things up.

After the last bit I was sure jal would not be the first to bring it upā€¦and Iā€™m hoping that having someone else (me) recognize what jman is doing here will keep him from having to get into it with jman and the mods now.

3 Likes

Again, this is not constructive.

If it makes you second guess starting bad threads it is.

1 Like

Donā€™t you chime in anytime jman pops into atf?

I have literally not mentioned the poster you are referring to once, nor have I responded to him. And again, I had nothing to do with the underlying argument here.

Sure, Jan.

Every time he tries to get this argument going in his quest to get jal permabanned, yes.

There is no possible way to read jmans one post in ATF, or this thread, as a quest to get jal permabanned.

For the record, jal should absolutely be permabanned.

Anyway, continuing on the actual subject matter of this thread, how do folks feel about this proposal from @spidercrab in lieu of what I posted?:

Should posters be required to wait a set amount of time before complaining of a moderatorā€™s ā€œinaction.ā€
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Regardless of your answer above, if that rule is instituted, how long should posters have to wait?
  • 1 hour
  • 3 hours
  • 6 hours
  • 12 hours
  • 24 hours

0 voters

None of this had anything to do with Jal (Jal tossed in a mods are biased post, but whatever). Jman didnā€™t mention Jal. Jal didnā€™t initially complain in about moderation. This was all about that pink C guy BS, and Cassette.

You OTOH fly to this thread and spend 3 posts attacking Jman, before you even begin to talk about the actual proposal. It might be time to start looking at yourself as part of the problem.

Also, it seems by the voting might not be THE WORST FUCKING THING EVER, but a pretty modest proposal that asks users to give mods a bit of time before running to ATF to complain and stir up shit. Yeah it isnā€™t going to pass, but no proposal by Jman, Clovis, you, Jal and the rest of the small handful of people who are always in the middle of this shit will ever pass.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not one post. Itā€™s a quest since Cuse left.

1 Like

Even if true, this thread had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Itā€™s why jman started this thread.

I mean, unless you insist on viewing every possible jman post as having the worst possible motivation, why not view this thread as an unfortunate

Itā€™s not a good point. Itā€™s a horrifically bad point.

Yeah a person could pm a mod and maybe that would be nice, but itā€™s a terrible rule.

2 Likes

Why are you being so passive aggressive?
Why is ā€œinactionā€ in scare quotes?
Why is drawing attention to a post that needs action ā€œcomplainingā€ and/or ā€œbitchingā€?

This is a community modded site. The members should feel free to weigh in on decisions.

8 Likes

The premise is correct. Jal complains about mod inaction and jman starts this thread trying to outlaw what jal did.

And you donā€™t need me on that wall, but if Iā€™m not on it jal and then probably fidget and Marty are drawn in and it looks like they are all fighting with the mods and the people who want them banned win over casual observers who donā€™t notice what is happening.

So, obviously not very humble of me to say this, but I think they can use a hand.

6 Likes