Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

Yeah

(Well, don’t tell anyone, but I liked that Indigo Girls one as well.)

1 Like

Wrt rap, new wave to Public Enemy’s punk and you can dance to them too A-

VINDICATION!

maybe just affirmation. whatever.

2 Likes

In 4th place with 10 points

ORANGE JUICE- Felicity

Review

This was a good genre pick. Scottish jangle pop. This era was what I was looking for. I like the chorus. Felicity!!! It’s a fun song. Great stuff! This just misses the podium.

4 Likes

A cute act

Damn. So close.

I used to be obsessed by Edwyn Collins. I once dated a girl called Felicity purely because of this song. She ditched me when she found out

6 Likes

And now we have reached the podium. A brief pause and we will commence.

Bonne Chance!

This is a good song, it’s like a bouncier Smiths.

1 Like

Surely it’s not another pyatnitski win

I used to play pool around that time with a guy whose girlfriend only went out with him because he looked like George Michael.

She dumped him too which is how ended up with the rest of us deadbeats and losers playing pool in the Nag’s Head in Wood Green.

1 Like

Who’s still alive?

The De La Soul track hasn’t been claimed.

Still have @NotBruceZ, @pyatnitski, @mjiggy, and @Yuv

1 Like

Wait…Tove Lo was Louis??

Didn’t he crush Pauwl’s last walrus? Also he and I may have submitted the same song here…

Guessing De La Sol is Yuv. They won a category in my walrus and I really like this song too, I should probably listen to them more.

Yessir.

Let us proceed.

In 3rd place with 11 points

Jimmie Rodgers - Kisses Sweeter Than Wine

Review

A 50’s crooner. This is the kind of thing I wanted. 50’s, 60’s & 70’s singers. The song credits list “H. Ledbetter”. Apparently the song is based off of a Lead Belly song “If It Wasn’t for Dicky” (that was based on a traditional song) that Pete Seeger reworked in the 50’s. Very cool. Not quite the belt it out crooner type I wanted, but I’ll take it!

4 Likes

Holy shit, I used to live in Alexandra Road Wood Green, been in the Nags Head many a time

1 Like

De La Soul was me. Was aiming for that response so im pleased (i wasn’t curse not responding, i swear!)

3 Likes

Ah you were up the posh end - I was along Lordship Lane. I was there and had only moved out of Broadwater about 6 months before the riot went off on the other side of the road lol.

Bet you liked the Starting Gate?