Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

Damn, dude. :rofl:

My guess is that NOFX is Yuv.

Interesting that our musical tastes don’t frequently match up given this statement.

Welp

Nodium it is

3 Likes

To be fair, we don’t have a great track record.

8 Likes

Don’t hit him, Yuv!

2 Likes

In 11th place with 3 points

Tove Lo - Sweettalk my heart

Any commentary (optional): The song starts at 0:35 on Youtube.

Review

I could see how this might be an empowering song for someone. That’s a good thing. Video is interesting. I would have really liked Lykke Li here, if we’re going with Swedish singers. This was ok, though.

3 Likes

whew, escaped the first nodium. LFG!

3 Likes

Blimey Pauwl, no messing about.

1 Like

In 10th place with 4 points

The Indigo Girls - Love’s Recovery

Commentary - This song is just pure poetry. I love that it’s about the realities of love, and coming through the hard times to the other side and being comfortable and happy with herself and her relationship. It’s a love song about life.

Review

This isn’t so bad, it’s nice words. I thought I kinda said I hated 90’s music. Bold strategy, Cotton. You made it to 10th. Decent!

3 Likes

it was made in 1989, thank you very much!

dammit.

8 Likes

Going through my category, there are like 3-4 songs that I feel like were submitted by you. I’m considering giving them “skydiver likelihood ratings” when I do my reveal. Indigo Girls would’ve been like 99%.

1 Like

sigh Love’s Recovery is an absolutely gorgeous song that no one has heard of and doesn’t sound like much of their other more famous stuff.

Of course it bombed :frowning:

1 Like

I felt bad posting it after your no nodium celebration. Sorry.

1 Like

Big declamatory voices launch a bid to get people to take their verse seriously C-

I didn’t think it was bad. If this is the worst this category has to offer it’s going to be quite a reveal.

1 Like

In 9th place with 5 points

Ben Howard - Only Love

Review

I mean, you found a modern love song. It’s all right.

2 Likes

Definitely not cheese.

I figured I was taking a chance. People tend to REALLY dislike DC if they have a bad history with their stuff.

Claiming this one. I think its a lovely slice of cheese!

1 Like