Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

Category host name: Pauwl
Category: A love song. Or song about love/relationships. I would prefer positive songs rather than lost love or unrequited love.
Musical tastes: Current music is mostly indie or what falls under that general umbrella. I despise most popular music of the 90’s. Post MP3s, I haven’t really followed pop music. Early 80’s and back, is wide open. Tons of cool stuff to discover.
Any other judging notes: Overly familiar songs will be punished. I don’t want over the top torch songs. If you’re thinking Whitney Houston, think again. Please, no cheese.

2 Likes

2 Likes

@NotBruceZ
@pyatnitski
@cassette
@skydiver8
@eyebooger
@mjiggy
@Yuv
@seities
@SwankyWilder

3 Likes

@Rivaldo
@CanadaMatt3004
@LouisCyphre
@Nicholasp27

Railers:
@miliboo
@Jalfrezi

8 Likes

:popcorn:

2 Likes

Let’s dance

2 Likes

In 13th place with 1 point

Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down

Review

This is a band I always disliked. To me, it just sounds like whiny emo. When I was younger, I judged them harshly for being disingenuous exploitation of teenage angst for profit. “Screaming Infidelities!!!” I was a huge snob and still am I guess. But I mean, who knows. Maybe they’re a legit band that helped alot of young people figure out how to feel about stuff. I haven’t revised alot of my younger opinions of bands from that time that are probably egregiously unfair. I’m sure it’s very enjoyable if you’re into it. The lyrics fit the category sorta.

4 Likes

I can’t help lolling because I know whose this was. Sorry bro!

3 Likes

Isn’t this how they sound to everybody?

(Not mine, btw)

2 Likes

Don’t you know whose is whose in this entire category?

1 Like

Woohoo!

1 Like

:thumb: the awfulness commences

1 Like

Hones the jagged edge off his desperation. 1 star

Yes, yes I do.

And now that my boy CM3004 has claimed it, that’s why I couldn’t help but laugh. The man is picking up where he left off from the last one.

1 Like

Fwiw, I picked that particular song specifically because it wasnt whiny emo bullshit. It’s a rather hopeful song of young love, but whatever.

1 Like

I definitely pinned that as a CM3004 pick. I also quite like Dashboard fwiw.

In 12th place with 2 points

NOFX - Liza & Louise

Review

This is the one song I recognized. I listened to stuff like this in grade 8. Guttermouth, Jughead’s Revenge, stuff like that. I can’t listen to any of it anymore. I always thought their album covers were funny but never cared for NOFX. Fat Mike and the boys. The lyrics are… interesting.

2 Likes

well, this is an album that is most definitely not marketed toward my demo. I’d see that cover and pass right on by.

except I actually like the song

(this is not mine, btw)

Jeeze we get it Pauwl, you dont like white people

I like Dashboard but then again I am a whiny emo teen at heart.

1 Like