Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

I’m the MF from hell.

3 Likes

I know the GOAT has pencilled in Monday for his reveal.

I can do Tuesday.

2 Likes

Mine was Joss Stone. I’m not quite sure how she is perceived as an artist in the US.

2 Likes

Youre not American?

I am, but she’s a more significant presence in the UK. I realize that some of the music I listen to are acts that had hits in the UK and mild to no chart success in the US.

only now read Rivaldo’s comment on all the songs. I think i nodium his category 9 out of 10 times. Got super lucky

4 Likes

My eyebrows raised when I saw Gogol in your picks. Did not disappoint!

2 Likes

Ah this was one of the few I thought had a chance at another podium, alas. I was going through some old music for the walrus and felt like I landed on the perfect Rivaldo song with Dimension. I’ll take the 8 points though.

Seems like I’ll be listening to these Sunday. Thanks for the surprise reveal!

3 Likes

i read half a sentence and you deleted it :frowning:

1 Like

guessing helen love is pyat as he mentioned them before

1 Like

Will be legit shocked if I don’t get last place in pyat’s category and sadly realized today I could’ve easily submitted another song I’d been listening to that I think he’d enjoy a lot more. Your category I don’t know what to expect. What did you think of the Kenny Hoopla song?

2 Likes

Now that I’ve listened to all the songs fully, I’m not sure I’m going to actually like many of them.

But songs grow on me so I’ll listen to them all another 5+ times and maybe by reveal I’ll be gushing about them.

So probably late next week or early the following week for me to give them time to grow on me.

4 Likes

That song was an absolute banger and went straight into my playlist. Meant to mention that earlier. Definite Bloc Party vibes as you said, and Bloc Party have some stuff I really like.

It would have done very well in my category.

2 Likes

EVERYONE STOP DELETING POSTS

4 Likes

I legit joined this walrus because I figured it could qualify for either of the first two categories posted and do well. Probably eight or nine of the other categories were a struggle but it’s been well worth it to put Mr. Hoopla out there, plus I got a kicking new song from Pauwl and gonna enjoy the Rivaldo list later.

It’s been fun leading but I think three of my top four choices are already on the board so now it’s time for my hopefully not too rapid decline.

Also I had two choices for NBZ’s category and after learning more about his musical tastes I’m pretty sure I gave up a potential podium or at least mid tier finish for an almost certain nodium. Not to worry - Imma give him the other one after his reveal.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m legit loving that song so very glad you signed up to submit it. Ill be going through more of his/their stuff over the weekend.

1 Like

this was the category I had absolutely no idea how I’d finish and whee! I finished dead in the middle. LOL

I don’t think Ella says “yeah” once in that song, but 7 minutes of scat singing more than fits the category description. It’s legitimately something I don’t think I could ever do.

3 Likes

I also liked Rivaldo’s commentary on it.

I love Never Understand, but also not surprised by the nodium

2 Likes

Yeah, Helen Love was me. To be done so dirty whilst I slept, terrible stuff!

2 Likes

I knew @Rivaldo would Never Understand my entry, but it had to be done. “Tomorrow I’m leaving, coz I’m not staying, Yeah” is such a great lyric.

Looks like my stay at the top of the leaderboard was the shortest in history

1 Like