Reveal Thread: Walrus Grab Bag 2 - The Walrus Strikes Back

I’m going to have a hard time with judges whose tastes lean towards hard rock. This might be a spoiler for my category.

Well pencil me in for a later reveal tomorrow (like 4PM west coast time) and if that doesn’t work out put me down for Sunday in eraseable pen. I’ll update the thread tomorrow as soon as I have a feel for how feasible a reveal would be.

6 Likes

By far the thing I’ve listened to most from 2020 is this album, but I told myself submitting someone in her 80s doing songs older than that wasn’t in the spirit. Surprised by how much I liked this category overall, well done all (or most).

1 Like

Finally had a chance to listen to this (had to take my dog to get her shots)…is that a sped up New Order sample I hear?

I like this too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Parts of this are really good! The whole thing is a bit much though.

This is nice, very into it.

1 Like

I’m amazed with how many people like that track. Unlucky @cassette, i usually like your entries. Sorry.

I mean I probably wouldn’t rate it highly either given that it’s a 7+ minute instrumental with a lot of weird stuff going on, but I could see why someone might like it.

All good, bruv. We all have blind spots. :wink:

1 Like

If you liked Kenny Hoopla, you might also like Bloc Party. Apparently this song was at least somewhat well known after being featured on Guitar Hero 3, it’s probably not my favorite by them but honestly it’s been years since I listened to them so I don’t exactly remember what’s good.

OK this song is definitely better:

1 Like

They’ve been going 40 + years. I think they’re allowed to change things up every once in a while.

Also, this way my song so…

1 Like

Made another mix CD for my gf. KennyHoopla and Little Simz made the playlist so thank you for those.

3 Likes

So youre saying my judging was impeccable?

2 Likes

I’d say so except the third place song would have placed lower for me. Mostly good submissions and nothing else I had heard before, not even GOOBA or the T Swift song.

1 Like

Catchin’ up. Whetan clear winnar imo.

Very high standard of submissions. Would like to congratulate all but unable to due to lack of overall jimmy rustledge.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if everybody noticed that @Yuv and I got 100 points for our reveals. I think @seities mentioned it in the sign up thread, the first 5 people to reveal get a 100 point early bird bonus.

4 Likes

Haha

Everyone gets 100 when they reveal so it’ll be even at the end, but easier to know if someone is behind because they just haven’t revealed yet or because they are behind.

I’m not a Swifty by any stretch but my wife is, and bought the album and I’ve listened to it probably four times and enjoy it well enough. epiphany doesn’t do too much for me but I think exile is absolutely fantastic

1 Like

I’ll claim Monday for a reveal and the 100 points, please. Probably 'round 4:30 EDT if that’s cool.

6 Likes

We got a reveal today?

1 Like

Tentatively later today. If someone else wants to sneak in and take today I’d be happy to do mine Sunday.

Just looked at my workload for the day and would say the odds of a reveal today have dropped precipitously, sorry. Will update in 3-4 hours, plenty of time for someone else to save the day with his or her own surprise reveal!

If people REALLY want a reveal today I can start it now and spread it out over the course of the day, but I think it’s preferred to make it a little more compact.

5 Likes