Resilient Rexx Keeps On Keeping On

I just did that for today and tomorrow!

Great. Itā€™s a lot of work but I find it really helps keep focus.

1 Like

I stuck to it except the snacks.

1 Like

Iā€™m not doing very well

Hang in there.

Maybe start posting your meals for a while so people can give you ideas and constructive criticism? My first log on the other site I posted everything I ate for extended periods (months) and it was really helpful, even if it is a lot of work.

I havenā€™t been calorie counting.

ice cream. im not even that keen on the one we currently have so i think Iā€™ll keep buying that so im not tempted

1 Like

I feel a bit fed up and itā€™s starting to feel like an elusive dream losing this weight and I know itā€™s my fault because I have poor coping skills and I tend to stress eat. Itā€™s making me feel like a loser tbh and not the good type of loser like jbro whoā€™s kicking goals.

I could give that a try I guess

I donā€™t eat ice cream everyday. I do go through periods where I despise calorie counting. It feels like punishment. I think itā€™s snacks that push me over. If I just ate 2 meals per day Iā€™d consistently hit my targets. The problem is if I get bad news or have a bad day I tend to comfort eat extra food. I need to replace comfort eating with something else that makes me feel good. I donā€™t mind weighing in but I do also take measurements every month or so to see progress there.

1 Like

I donā€™t believe calorie counting necessarily means eating an unsustainable diet, nor does it have to be an exercise in deprivation. Iā€™m not really depriving myself of either ā€œtreatsā€ or enduring any kind of discomfort from hunger other than very rarely.

Calorie counting can actually teach a lot about how to create a sustainable diet by building an understanding of the caloric content of what youā€™re eating, and also from learning which foods you find more filling.

It does take discipline and a bit of extra work, but ultimately I think the goal for most people would be to continue eating in a similar manner while dropping the counting. Nobody plans to go back to eating like shit. Itā€™s just hard for people to make permanent changes no matter how you go about it. Calorie counting likely doesnā€™t fail with any greater frequency than the method that youā€™re proposing. And no matter what, to lose significant weight you need to restrict calories one way or another. It might be easier to do it slower (i.e. - restrict fewer calories per given time period), but calorie counting doesnā€™t require going fast.

1 Like

You donā€™t need to have something extra or special just because you got bad news or had a bad day. You need to take the responsibility for being in charge of how you deal with these things. I donā€™t mean to lecture, (and believe me I struggle with all kinds of things myself), but it seems like you know what the problem is and you just need to figure out the best way to make the required changes.

jbro has the right mindset

I agree. Itā€™s easier said than done unfortunately.

It wasnā€™t meant to be an excuse, just a fact that I need to address to have any hope of losing the weight.

1 Like

Your winning the Fantasy Football league will be a source of pride and new self-realization. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

Thank you. Your post made me cry but they were positive tears. Iā€™ve had a bit of a bad run in RL but I need to focus on the good stuff, which is most definitely there.

2 Likes

Iā€™m worried about Luke, and when he finishes dead-last, what that will do to his psyche lol jk

Aussies bookending the table!

1 Like