Resilient Rexx Keeps On Keeping On

Those calories over target all add up to about 1 pound, which may not even translate to weight gain depending on how far below break even your target is. You may weigh more due to water retention (depending on what you were eating versus what you usually eat) but that would come off fast.

So minor speedbump, and time to get back in the saddle.

1 Like

109.6 which I am quite happy with.

Iā€™m contemplating going hard for a month at 1500 just to see how I go.

3 Likes

I actually did a fair amount of walking and also went swimming while I was away. It felt good. Although there were also days taken up with traveling where zero exercise happened. I definitely have to get exercise to be a part of my life. Ok I will keep it at 1700 and commit to the 3x20 minute sessions I stated in my OP. This will be separate from walking. Good idea Johnny!

Starting yoga

1 Like

How many calories would be in a bowl of pumpkin soup? I was in a rush so didnā€™t weigh anything. It was just mainly pumpkin, bit of potato, homemade chicken stock , onion, garlic and approximately 10g butter for 4 serves.

Put down 300 but itā€™s probably less.

The calories are basically coming from the stock and the butter. Thatā€™s a tiny amount of butter for one serving and a cup of broth is about 100 calories, so really it depends on the size of the bowl. If you think you had two cups of broth in your bowl then your 300 calories seems like a good estimate to me.

Good. I had a decent size serving. One of those soup mugs worth. Ty for the feedback.

109.3 which Iā€™m happy with because I thought there was a chance Iā€™d put on weight so -0.3 is a positive.

1 Like

Iā€™m not getting close most days to hitting 1600.

What is your estimated break-even daily calorie requirement?

I think itā€™s about 2031 sedentary

Is that your basal metabolic rate, or actually the daily estimated calorie requirement? Even sedentary will be more calories than BMR,

bmr is 1692

Ok, that makes sense then with 2031 for sedentary. You will have really slow progress if you can only maintain a 100 calorie per day deficit. The other problem is that with such a fine line you are subject to very minor errors in calorie estimates such that you could easily be over your requirements. And also subject to minor fluctuations in water weight stalling progress which can be discouraging. (You can easily eat some carbs and salt and take on a pound or two of water.)

I think you need to find a way to change what you eat so that somewhere around 1600 calories is satiating.

If I eat normally it is satiating but Iā€™ve been emotional eating due to personal reasons and thatā€™s been the extra calories. Thatā€™s my leak.

Maybe for a certain length of time plan your meals out ahead one day each night?

I sometimes plan and log breakfast and lunch the night before, and it helps me avoid eating all the free food thatā€™s always available at work. It seems if I already planned and logged it I get stubborn about adding extra stuff.