Relocation in light of SCOTUS decisions

Which costs over $2,000.

1 Like

Auckland is one of the most expensive places in earth. In fact I canā€™t imagine property being more expensive anywhere, itā€™s insanity. The rest of the country is somewhat different but still ridiculous. Ultimately the US is still mega cheap by developed world standards.

An an aside, Italyā€™s economic situation is totally fucked so good luck getting a job there.

Wow that is insanity. I didnā€™t know that.

Wow the whole county is just grift top to bottom!

What state do you vote in? Trying to figure whether I want this to happen for you before Nov.

Going to encourage anyone who plans to leave the country but not renounce citizenship to relocate to a swing state for the requisite amount of time before you go, so that youā€™ll have a swing state vote from abroad - at least for as long as they count those. Iā€™m partial to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, but any will do.

Which long-term would be worth it.

But yeah paying to give something away is bullshit

In that case, godspeed.

1 Like

Eastman?

Eastman is fantastic. Hopefully your summer was awesome. Got to skip the Rochester winter anyways.

2 Likes

You gotta pay to get in but you gotta pay even more to get out.

Apparently he has honorary Italian citizenship so he might actually be able to do this. But somebody should tell him about Brexit because he says heā€™s moving to the UK.

Heā€˜s rich. He wonā€˜t have any trouble living in the UK.

Is Ireland the only english first country in the EU?

Malta has 2 official languages - Maltese and English.

Everyone speaks English everywhere fortunately (or unfortunately).

I have EU citizenship. I imagine that public schools outside of Ireland/Malta will not be taught in english?

If your kids are high school age you will find good bilingual schools in the Netherlands where some of the subjects are taught in English. It will be similar in some cities in other countries, but they will be harder to find.

1 Like