Questions about 6ix's ban

The same as it does at the moment I assume, with mods following guidelines for bans etc that were laid down by the community in a vote. The difference is that by having mods on short and rotating terms we lose the grievances, favouritism, entrenched privileges for certain posters etc.

If you want blood this isn’t necessarily going to give you that (though it could).

I think it’s a bigger problem that we don’t have sufficient guidelines for bans than who is enforcing those bans.

2 Likes

This is where we fundamentally differ, and I believe you’re out of step with what many people’s grievances are here.

1 Like

If sure would be nice if someone on one of the “sides” would stop blindly supporting anyone on their “side”. People on both sides have been horrible through all this. That includes goofy and 6ix.

6ix was objectively shitposting by any definition. He was making post after post after post, half the time posting to himself. His posts were making up the majority of many ATF threads. He was only posting in ATF. In said posts he was regularly insulting people or calling them dumb. He was making the exact same point over and over and over again. It’s the exact same style that Sabo constantly employed. It’s textbook shit posting.

I even asked him in PM to tone it down a little for the benefit of the discussion about the subforum but he literally said he was having too much fun.

6ix seems to view the forum as a place to let his ID run wild and as long as it gives him a smirk it’s all cool. He has no concern for the overall discourse.

If you think calling a poster a nazi is ok I am not sure what to say.

8 Likes

And yet six, who was the leading cheerleader for this “new” modding approach is incapable of being nice to posters he doesn’t agree with.

It won’t. If someone isn’t interested in the carrot it doesn’t matter how many you try and give them, they aren’t going to change their behavior.

There is too much history here and people have too long a memory to stop whatabouting bad behavior they are espousing with bad behavior from someone else years ago. Add to that the ridiculous idea that you can have a well behaved forum without ever banning bad actors and here we are. A bunch of people who don’t like status quo demanding “change” by attacking the status quo with behavior their proposed changes wouldn’t handle.

Maybe it’s time to declare the “community moderated” experiment a failure and declare someone an owner and have them define the rules and try and move forward?

The evidence from the pre-crisis period points the other way.

So what? He is currently showing a lack of desire to follow the rules he wants everyone else to follow.

You’ve got to admit these are unusual times. Plenty of people here are behaving terribly.

And as yet Be Kind hasn’t been adopted as a forum mantra. Why not, is the real question.

Come on, it has been adopted by the forum before and didn’t work, and considering keed hasn’t even said what step 2 is yet we’ll never have anything to vote on.

Please cite these posts as I certainly don’t remember them.

That’s not the rule he wants us to follow. The Captains remind me more of Jr. High Vice Principals than whatever the fuck they are supposed to be captains of.

I definitely did not call it a putsch.

I agree but two wrongs doesn’t make a right.

whoa hold on where’s the fun in that?

2 Likes

I mean you only call out the wrongs on one side!

1 Like

This is absolutely not true and you know it. I called out goofy in the same post for Christ sakes. I was also the first person to flag Zara’s post yesterday.

That’s a great example. I think goofy’s behavior through all this has been far worse than 6ix, nothing has happened to him and he gets a brief mention in your post. The rest of the post is justifying the increasingly draconian bans that have been handed down to 6ix.

9 Likes

According to the mod log, 6ix and Goofy have both been banned exactly twice since January.

The thread is about 6ix. I’ve called out goofy several times though.

Content wise I agree goofy has been far worse. Volume wise 6ix wins by a mile. His posts wouldn’t be nearly as bad if he didn’t feel the need to make 50 of them in every ATF thread. I’d guess more than 80% of his posts are in ATF.

I wish people on both sides would call out their own if the idea is really advocating for good posting and not just scoring points for your team.