Quentin Tarantino and other cancelled people

Life is short. I don’t have time to be a purist just for the sake of forum dunks anymore. If one has enough talent for this kind of posturing they should be producing and/or using it to enrich the lives of others.

Also, huge lol at Jackie Brown not being pure Tarantino.

No idea, honestly. I think it’s fine to enjoy stuff that might have problematic elements. We don’t need to take Shakespeare out of the classroom just because there’s gross stuff in there. At the same time, I don’t get why people are getting defensive over QT.

1 Like

The bigger issue for me is people misusing and watering down terms that legitimately mean something.

Using #metoo with Quentin is dumb and only waters down the actual real issues associated with it.

Outrage culture is the biggest enemy to the seriousness of many of these issues.

3 Likes

Wouldnt the biggest enemy to the seriousness of these issues be things like… famous film makers continuing to work with folks they know are rapists like its nbd… ?

Like Tarantino seemed to do?

As with most social issues. The biggest enermies are the bad guys and the people who support/tolerate/ignore the bad guys, not people on our side who push too far/too hard/too fast.

1 Like