Quentin Tarantino and other cancelled people

https://creepycatalog.com/should-quentin-tarantino-be-canceled/

If you’re too good at your job, you just go away for a while. You don’t get canceled.

What do you think? Youre the OP.

Quentin Tarantino movies glory in violence against nearly everyone. I’m a lot more bothered by the fact that he was incredibly close to Harvey Weinstein than I am by any of the content in his movies. If he should be taking heat for literally anything it’s that.

1 Like

Forgot how terrible some takes were when his last film came out.

The last link in OP is worth a read.

Pretty much everybody high up in Hollywood knew what Weinstein was doing. In one way or another, they were all complicit.

Harvey was the main producer on basically every Tarantino movie iirc. That’s more complicity than most.

Totally not interesting whatsoever

3 Likes

How many degrees of seperation should be allowed?

The Puritan Libs need to hurry up and finish the 10,000 commandments.

1 Like

How though, the headline is awful. Me too has nothing to do with people making movies.

It’s a bad beginning I would never get beyond.

And the title of this thread implies he has been canceled which seems inaccurate since he was just on a massive publicity tour for his book and was everywhere.

I don’t get any of this.

I agree with above that the most troubling aspect of him was his closeness to Weinstein. The rest of this is nonsense.

Cliffs:
The three main points to me seem to be that Tarantino

a) had a working relationship with Weinstein despite being aware of unspecified credible allegations against him
b) convinced Uma Thurman to do a dangerous stunt where she got seriously injured
c) claimed in 2003 Polanski did not anally rape the 13 year old because

a) is bad but don’t know how easy it is to work in big budget Hollywood while shunning Weinstein. Meryl Streep praised Weinstein profusely at the Oscars just a few years ago.
b) seems kind of shoehorned in when we talk about #metoo
c) is really bad

This is the correct assessment, imo. Tarantino’s remarks, apart from their innate repugnance, are just prima facie incompatible with the facts of the case, which suggests to me he might not have been too familiar with them. I’d want to hear what he’s said since (more so than what he would say now tbh), if at any point he walked that back. In particular, what he’s saying there may be predicated on the false belief that Polanski committed statutory rape, ie, with the notional consent of the child, however illegitimate. That’s not at all the case, but I’ve encountered many people who’ve believed it to be. It is a little weird for this well-known film dork and scholar of Hollywood lore to be mistaken, though.

Dude. This is a reaaaally bad take. I’m going to assume you don’t know any of the details and are just mouthing off here. It’s the only way to see your take in anything close to a good light.

Love Quentin’s movies but the dude writes himself into movies just so he can drop a bunch N-bombs for no reason, he’s always been creepy and problematic.

If we cancel Tarantino (w/e that involves) shouldn’t we also be cancelling Hitchcock?

I think Hitchcock already got canceled.

He is simultaneously exploiting the power of the word while also destroying that same power.

Tarantino has helped people of color waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than any opinion shot down from a keyboard tower.

What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done in your life?

Are you willing to admit that here? How could we even verify the veracity?

1 Like

Please do cancel that freak he’s certainly personally very problematic to say the least. Just so long as he can keep making movies and I can still go watch them and nothing really changes like with every other cancellation.

10 Likes