Prince Phillip gaffs and blunders

Calling all YouTubes articles etc.

Anyone got any decent footage still allowable these days, or otherwise?

Is that the dead one? Why is he only a prince when he was boning the queen?

That’s the dead, straight talking one - he’s a prince cause he married in

You get Duke if you bone her Only Charles William and George can be king

…I thought he was a frog and then-Princess Elizabeth kissed him?

Why was the Queen’s mom the Queen when Bertie was king? If Phillip is a prince why wasn’t Helena Bonham Carter a princess in King’s Speech???

1 Like

Him having a family with his cousin is a bit of a gaffe

Just so much inbreeding among European royalty that I’m surprised that there aren’t any thalidomide-style deformities in their kids.

meh, third cousins, totally fine really.

They have plenty of mental deformities to make up for it.

2 Likes

All taking the vaccination though, must have a few pegs loose to refuse that

They have just enough mental acuity to grasp that their survival is predicated on doing what they’re told.

Philip actually had a pretty impressive naval career. Saw legit combat in WW2, pretty cool thing for the Queen’s husband to do.

Meh

The only empathy I had with him is with his traumatic childhood - no one chooses their background or family.

Can someone PLEASE explain this!?!?!?!?

1 Like

brutal photo choices in that family tree

there’s a difference between a queen consort and queen regnant but both are just referred to as “queen” for short and you’re supposed to know the difference.

seems PROBLEMATIC that Phillip isn’t the King Consort, a remnant of the patriarchy when the man was expected to rule.

edit:

Queen Victoria (reigned 1837–1901) wanted to make her husband Albert “king consort” but the British government refused to introduce a bill allowing it, as Albert was a foreigner.[7] She instead gave him the title of prince consort in 1857.

fu Parliament

The system makes more sense when you’re playing Crusader Kings and you need your cousin to marry another one of your cousins to shore up a military alliance. Who even cares if their kids turn out all goofy.

1 Like