Prince Phillip gaffs and blunders

I mean I know why they do it but still…ewwwww

So what military alliance are they the result of?

2 Likes

Speaking of thaliomide deformities!

Is the Duke of York going to the funeral given his recent inconveniences? If something (god forbid) happened there it might spark an epic power struggle:

Usually when I play CK3 there’s an immediate round of brother murdering after the king dies, but UK has some of the late-game inheritance systems where you don’t have to bump off all your brothers.

Babies are stupid. John I was crowned King of France at birth and died 5 days later due to being poisoned by Phillip V.

Might as well not have Archie there.

Just your daughters in law.

By the way “gaffs and blunders” makes it sound like he was just unfortunate or foolish rather than a bullying racist who took pleasure in being an asshole. No need to remove agency from this prick.

2 Likes

lol German news channel has Gloria von Thurn und Taxis as an expert for their funeral coverage. They ask her how well she knew Prince Phillip, and she said only from the media because her house is Catholic and therefore no relation. Later says he was German “through and through”.

1 Like

He is paraded around now on a Landrover of his own design. Fancy!

Noone watching?

I was just messing about trying to get TV to come on the new firestick, and it seemed no fewer than 5 French channels are showing the funeral live. Quelle horreur! Didn’t stop to watch, though am sure it’s very moving.

Thought Philip was Greek this whole time.

Ok, this is getting really annoying now, they just interrupted the snooker!

2 Likes

In nobility terms. The Greeks switched their Wittelsbach King for one of the house Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg at some point.

Post-Congress of Vienna european royalty was ridiculously mixed. Philp‘s great grandfather was the son of a German Duke who inherited the throne of Denmark from his second cousin (and lost a war against Prussia two years later. I mean imagine that - importing a German king only to be invaded by ze Germans). Then one of his sons became King of Greece, married a Russian princess and one of their younger sons was Philip‘s dad. Oh and let’s not forget, that his mother was born in Windsor, but had a German name because of her Austrian-born dad. I wonder what language these people spoke at home.

1 Like