Presidential Primary Sheep Game (submission deadline Tuesday night)

Since Walrus seems to be a lot of fun, I plan on running a game of Sheep. The basic gist of the game is that I ask several questions and you answer them (by message), with the goal of trying to pick the most popular answer. Your score is the number of people who gave your answer and the most points win.

Since this is a political forum, this Sheep will have questions relating to the Democratic presidential primary field. Since there is a presidential debate on Thursday, December 19, my goal is to do the reveal on that day. I’m going to set the deadline for entries at midnight, Tuesday night, PST. (Yes, I guess that is technically Wednesday morning, but you know what I mean when I say Tuesday night.) That gives me Wednesday to do the data, with the option to shift to a Wednesday reveal if the poll swings strongly in that direction.

So, here are the questions, all of which ask you to pick from among the Democratic candidates. Technically, it doesn’t have to be a Democratic candidate—I don’t think you are winning if you answer Mike Pence to every question—but it’s your choice; you will not be penalized for a wrong answer. Here is a potentially-useful article listing candidates. It’s up to you if you want to answer honestly and see how well you do or try to win by predicting what everyone else will say.

PM your answers as an unnumbered list, one name per line, last name only unless you are for some reason submitting an answer where you think last name only is ambiguous.

1. The candidate who Donald Trump most wants to face in 2020.
  2. A candidate who you would be happy to see as the running mate of your preferred candidate.
  3. A candidate who would enjoy drinking a single-malt scotch (my favorite potent potable).
  4. The candidate who would score the highest on an IQ test.
  5. A candidate who had no good reason for declaring their candidacy in the first place.
  6. A candidate who would be fun to see on Dancing with the Stars.
  7. A candidate who has a Twitter account worth following, even if they weren’t running for president.
  8. The candidate who Barack Obama would vote for in a primary.
  9. A candidate who should have run in 2016 but didn’t.
  10. The candidate closest to the center of the Democratic Party (not the center of the country).

In.

We need a list of participants before we answer, right?

I don’t think you need a list of participants. None of the previous sheeps that I looked like did that.

Well, when is registration closed?

Submission deadline Tuesday night, as in the title, specifically midnight PST, as in the text of the OP. I didn’t set a cap on entries, so whoever submits before then is in.

And they don’t have to post that they are “in”? That would give the secret players more info than the players who declared.

I’ve never run a sheep before, but that didn’t seem to be the procedure used in previous games. I’ll try to put up a list Tuesday night of who has submitted and who declared “in” but haven’t given me yet, so you can change your answers if you really want to try to win.

I’m not that competitive really, just a process-oriented. Thinking about strategy.

Well, I am in and have submitted my answers. If that puts me at a disadvantage, so be it, I’m gonna lose anyways :D

1 Like

In this specific Sheep it would since political preferences may sway answers. In a normal sheep it’s not really an advantage.

i’m in and submitted my answers

in

IN

I’ll have you all know I’ve won one of these things before.

In. Prob submit answers tomorrow.

In. Will submit answers later.

I have submissions from
Catfacemeowmers
Imjosh
Microbet
Louiscyphre
Superuberbob
Melkerson
Coasterbrad
Zikzak
D10
King_of_NY
Jackbando
Hokie
Eyebooger
Jmakin

Deadline is tonight, but for practical purposes, I’ll probably take entries until tomorrow afternoon.

Deadline extended until 4pm PST because I won’t work on it until then. I plan on starting at some point before the debate.

What’s the estimated start time for the reveal? I want to be properly intoxicated and present for it.

The debate starts at 8pm Eastern, so I’m looking at maybe 90 minutes before then, unless sudden dinner plans pop up. I’ll try to start the reveal thread an hour before I am ready.