Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Agree that it’s not about competency for the job but I don’t think he has the best shot either at this point

That’s pretty funny

The “they can’t even ever be accidentally right” really causes you people to twist yourselves into pretzels

He probably did. You come down like 5 minutes after smoking crack, and it’s a very rough come down

This is still a hotly contested statement among the PROFESSIONALS which is the height of hilarity

Every gay man I know would go to jail voting so many times for her

1 Like

People have completely forgotten that biden got picked in 2008 due entirely to the conventional wisdom that his racism would quell fears of revolution

1 Like

I think it is reasonable to think he doesn’t have the best shot.

It’s also reasonable to think that he does. I don’t think anyone can know. There are too many variables. It’s not as simple as just changing a name on a ballot. If Biden pulls out there is going to be a fight to be the next guy and there are ways that could go that could not be great for the electoral chances of whoever wins.

Tim Kaine?

A brokered convention will go well if Dems can find that perfect candidate who brings together AIPAC and anti-Israel protestors, but they won’t because Dems suck.

I don’t think Biden has the best chance any more. The Should He or Shouldn’t He isn’t going away, the tone will get uglier and the GOP will keep lapping it up.

But a reset that begins with a solemn Biden making a patriotic sacrifice where he hands it to someone fresh and likable, or at least just not widely disliked, it could change the whole country’s vibe in a week. Maybe? Nobody knows. It’s for sure a different kind of risk. But I’d rather go down swinging for something optimistic than just dodging pianos for four months, then four years.

Totally agree that winning is what matters, but leaving aside any nice things I might think about Biden personally, for me sticking with him until 2028 now feels somewhere between irresponsible and an absolute moral fiasco. Call me old fashioned but I want to believe the job of president of the US is actually difficult. People keep saying “he can still be a good president he just can’t campaign,” and point taken but I just disagree. Among other things a president is also a salesperson, the voice and the force of america. It sucks but it matters.

If a high school principal looked as overwhelmed as biden did friday I’d be thinking wow yikes. If my sharp but elderly dad looked like that at a wedding speech I’d be calling doctors on Monday. In my life I’ve fucked up all kinds of big & small moments and like everybody else I sometimes still wince about them in the dark at three in the morning. But I have never drowned like that. Watching him struggle made me feel ten different things, but the main one, by far, was true pity. He didn’t disgrace himself! The guy’s just getting old. Which usually accelerates. Diminishing on the world stage or anywhere else isn’t anything to feel embarrassed about. But it’s not—what’s the word?—presidential. There’s no question that winning is the most important thing, to the point where I suppose it’s the only thing. I just wish it felt that way.

18 Likes

The fuck? So you also don’t like racial jungles or criticism for sniffing little girls’ hair?

You could be right. This is also in flux right now. He might be the most EV now, but not in 2wks. Or vice versa. Predicting the future is hard.

Ok, so is he too far gone to realize how far gone he is, or does he just care more about his power than the greater good?

No, but he’s a good man /Norm

How are you not embarrassed to hit post after that slop

Listen, I feel nice things for the guy who constantly got wrecked for his plagiarism, lies, and racism in the 1980s. He’s a really sweet guy, just ask Anita Bryant. He’s a nice man, because of the tone of his voice and his facial expressions

I didn’t realize you supported grown men walking into the dressing rooms of 14 year old girls getting dressed.

You must also hate immigrants, since you never mentioned Trump intentionally making the border situation worse for political power. Kinda odd that someone who delivers scathing attacks on other posters would omit crucial information like that.

Makes you think.

Don’t encourage it.

he was one of my last choices in 2020; he’s handled parts of his term a lot better than I figured though he still fails in the biggest way I was worried about. I was bummed he was president but I don’t think he’s a monster and have come to appreciate that he might have been the best guy to beat trump. You put some words in that post that weren’t there but knock yourself out. I’m not a big Biden fan, and I also think he’s done some good things. Wild

1 Like