Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Just say Nancy Reagan

Blood relative? GHWBā€™s son.

Trumpā€™s father in the KKK. Thereā€™s a lot of competition!

3 Likes

Eric Trump? Don Jr? An embarrassment of bad relatives.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sorry for the multi posts!

4 Likes

lol for some reason the Trump children didnā€™t even occur to me

3 Likes

Yeah this could be a draft actually

JFKā€™s nephew.

1 Like

Hard to argue who is worse vs more pathetic. I still remember that terrible interview Don jr gave between him and his dad.

Eric thrill killed an elephant and then justified it with ā€œwe tossed some paper at the browns.ā€

1 Like

Lol so he did

Where does Ivanka fall? I recall stories of her attempting relevance and being cast aside asap. Surely Tiffany is the only one to escape the guillotine.

1 Like

I will retract rather than delete my post :open_mouth:

2 Likes

The establishment would rather trump than Bernie.

5 Likes

So the scoreboard is currently zero actual elected Democrats saying he should go. On brand, every bit as spineless as the MAGA crew

2 Likes

I actually donā€™t believe this is true, but I do think the establishment legitimately believes Kamala has a better chance than Bernie.

I think itā€™s entirely possible that keeping Joeā€™s corpse on the ballot may be the most +EV thing to do with respect to winning the presidency in November. The point is not really whether anyone else would be more a more competent individual. They all would. Voting and winning elections has nothing to do with individual competence. If it did, neither of these clowns would have gotten this far.

2 Likes

The more I think about it, the more I think a convention would work out just fine. Itā€™ll make good TV, which will benefit the eventual winner. The electorate is crying out for a boring generic Democrat, and itā€™s the best way to pick one without a protracted primary that sows bitter division and forces candidates to compete to come up with toxic policy proposals to try to woo insane primary voters. I really donā€™t see a downside.

2 Likes

The fact that the nominee out of the convention only has to run for 2.5 months is a feature, not a bug.

4 Likes

Agree, this is not the middle of a Vietnam War with a president who declined to run in disgrace.