Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Promising GenAI use case: summarizing nunnehi posts

21 Likes

I agree with this.

Name anyone who isnā€™t more shitty a candidate

(Installed without vote)

Andrew Yang

1 Like

To voters he absolutely is.

Biden could call his wife Melania and heā€™d still get more votes than Newsome, Pete, Kamala, or whoever

The problem with bidenā€™s performance is the other side has been saying heā€™s senile and his brain is fried for a while. Thatā€™s their line. and biden went out there on live tv with no teleprompter and proved their point.

This is exactly like if trump walked up to the podium and told everyone heā€™s hitler jr and a racist. Weā€™d all be spiking the football saying, ā€œaha! I knew it! The clues were all there and now heā€™s fully exposed!ā€

Whether true or not (biden probably just had a bad day) their narrative was confirmed, and not just within their bubble, but to everyone. Itā€™s a devastating political loss for us. And we were losing before the debate.

15 Likes

And we know this how?

A+

So itā€™s a comedy podcast

Probably true.

1 Like

People talk about short voter memories, when that does not apply here for all the reasons in your post and many more reasons.

It actually doesnā€™t even USUALLY apply, but people just absolutely love their bits of ā€œconventional wisdomā€ no matter how many times itā€™s proven wrong. In poker, baseball, politics, anything.

Like people have the absolutely audacity to say that Trump voters did not remember the pussy tape. It was an asset, you total silly billies

3 Likes

We have seen no evidence of this on this website

Because the other candidates would have ran on Joe is too old step aside. They clearly know something you donā€™t. The protest weak candidates got no interest from the voters and it would have gone the same way. Ask Bernie how hard Biden is to topple. He had it right in front of him within grasp and he couldnā€™t do it. Biden is Roper diminished or not from The Great White Hype.

1 Like

I know it feels better to blame the Dems, but this is 100% on Biden.

In 2020, voters overwhelmingly nominated Biden as the preferred candidate. Electability versus Trump was the primary motivating factor. Voters understood that Biden would be super old by the end of his term but this was secondary to the imminent threat of Trumpā€™s reelection. Regarding 2024, the feeling was some combination of:

• If Trump was defeated in 2020, perhaps he would be defeated for good.
  • Biden may hold up despite his age
  • If Biden suffered significant decline, then he would step aside ā† we are here
1 Like

I am not grasping what is being said in this sentence

The rest of the post I think I understand

Biden: not a dem

1 Like

Two people ran against Biden in primaries who had no shot. One was a crank and one was a nobody saying Joe was too old and to step aside for his 55 year old youth.

1 Like

Oh gotcha. The protest candidates who were weak

Oh now youā€™re big on evidence? You mean like the evidence you ignored when speaking on the border and claimed thatā€™s why you would vote for Trump?