Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

I won’t stop stressing until the electoral college is abolished.

10 Likes

Anyone who is super confident either that Trump is definitely winning or definitely losing is being crazy.

But I do kind of wish I could sincerely be in the “definitely winning” club for the next 57 days or whatever, it would probably be the easier lift to get to Election Day with my sanity intact that way. Because a bad result that night would be a haymaker no matter how much I insist on being in the measured “I dunno, it’s close and it’s going to stay close” club for as long as the evidence keeps pointing that way.

3 Likes

I think anti-Trump enthusiasm is real and lots of his supporters have “aged out” of the electorate. Still, I ain’t turning out the lights until the beast has a steak through his heart and has been cremated.

1 Like

They stuck a fork into him in 2016 and look what happened. It won’t be over 'till it’s over.

1 Like

People can’t help going overboard after accepting they’d have to vote for a withered senile guy and getting some hope. But Trump is still what America craves and what America is going to get.

Yeah but it’s not just America that is impacted. It’s just you guys are the most directly impacted.

For example, this lack of support for Ukraine, disdain for NATO, and man crush on Putin puts not just that country at risk but Eastern European countries that Putin would love to invade next.

A coin flip every 4 years to not risk being at war is pretty stressful. Shit, why did that assassin fucking miss?

2 Likes
1 Like

https://x.com/KamalaHQ/status/1834376603196936541

https://x.com/KamalaHQ/status/1834374600139981129

11 Likes

Love ya tim

1 Like

If he brings the same fire to the VP debate, we’ll see another bloodbath.

1 Like

This title wave of hideous neocons saying they are voting Harris makes my skin crawl.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that Harris will win(although in my opinion she is a decent sized favorite) but for the first time in recent years I’m not that worried about it. Harris and Walz have been everything we could have asked for and more. They aren’t the safe milquetoast picks of the last couple cycles. They are the two most progressive people we have ever had on a ticket together. So in my mind either we win this one or we are going to find out we are truly and permanently fucked in this country. I’m strangely good with either outcome.

7 Likes

you go to war with the army you have

2 Likes

They all want to be the face of a post-Trump Republican Party. It’s probably going to work.

Ever since 2020 the Republican Party has been working to put people and infrastructure in place to make sure they can subvert the results of Trump loses. They learned from their mistakes last time, so it’s really foolish to think we are in the clear.

2 Likes

My brother-in-law works for the FBI out of Cincinnati. They are inundated with threats in Springfield.

2 Likes

I can never tell which of those posts are sarcasm and which ones express a true belief that Orange Man is done.

Anyone saying trump is done is purely delusional.

1 Like

I am still uneasy about a loss, but I appreciate a chance to feel much better about the campaign. I look at the Harris ads and the bloodbath of the last debate and think well at least we got the fight we needed to see.

1 Like

Very sad Rumsfeld couldn’t hang on long enough to join the Harris train.

5 Likes