Presidential Debate Thread: Take 2 (Tonight at 9 PM Eastern)

Even if a person were confident that Harris would definitely win an election with no shenanigans (I am not), I cannot imagine not being worried about all the legal and non-legal stuff that’s going to happen.

1 Like

Trump had no options in 2020 because he needed to flip 3 states. Had it come down to only one state, that would have been a big yikes. We can’t have that in 2024 either.

Right, I used to just think “if everyone knew what Trump is like, they wouldn’t vote for him.” Like if they read the details of all his grifting, lying, and business cheating, they’d say “oh, well I guess I don’t support him then”

But it’s clear that for 45% of the voters, they see what he is and say “I want that”. Most people know who he is. The rest can’t be bothered to know.

So yeah, if the Dems nominate two good people, run a good campaign, and still lose? It’s not that I’ll be ok with the result, but if you do your best and it doesn’t work out, what can you do?

4 Likes

I don’t think normies get how much this Haitian stuff energizes the Republican base in ways that aren’t obvious if you’re just following along on Twitter. imo this is exactly the kind of shot in the arm his campaign could use right now.

Yeah, this shit is truly awful.

https://twitter.com/GarciaReports/status/1834605260964319477

Not to mention the barely legal

Hey Jimmy Carter needs to last another 8 weeks. Betcha he doesn’t choke before Election Day like RBG.

This. This is a caravan that’s already here full of absolutely everything they hate. I’m sure there are a dozen Kyle Rittenhouses strapped up roaming the streets looking for a pet in need.

These morons are so unbelievably horny for things to fear and sneer at. If one of these Haitian immigrants turns out to be transgender, the universe will collapse into itself from a collective deplorable orgasm of hate.

Made me think about a content creator who is hardcore right wing and hugely anti trans named sneako. Guy is half Haitian. He is now realizing everyone he enjoys his politics it are huge racist. He is now busy trying to defend Haiti.

Leopards and faces and some such.

5 Likes

I got the green light to write a satire article about the debate for Hard Drive. My headline pitch got approved quicker than I thought it would (odds were low it would be approved at all) - now I have to think of ideas.

5 Likes

Crack team of MAGA fact checkers validating everything Trump said.

1 Like

Imagining the first debate if moderated by Tucker Carlson, Elon Musk, and Kid Rock

1 Like

I have the headline - it’s video game related. Just thinking of the jokes/quotes. I have some ideas - gotta thread them together.

2 Likes

Good lord, he’s tripling down on this crap

https://x.com/JDVance/status/1834953680606347647

Good luck, sounds like fun. Post it here when done

1 Like

How about a parody of fact checkers instead involving a crack team of fact creators hiding in some Kremlin basement whose job it is to retroactively create evidence and arguments that the crazy things Trump says are not complete fiction, The humor is in how they’re just completely overworked and on the verge of divorce and drinking themselves to death and they all start jumping out the window during his debate performance

1 Like

This is exactly what was predicted on here multiple times. They’ll find one incident that’s semi-related and it will validate all their lies. They’re already spiking the football all over the place.

https://x.com/K_Kreul/status/1834986376409854169

2 Likes

Better if the quotes are reversed iyam.

I’m told it should be today. I’ve finished and submitted it. Now the editor just has to publish it.

UPDATE: Pushed to tomorrow morning.

6 Likes