POTUS BOWL 2020: One More Dawn, One More Meme, One Meme More!

wild ass guess, but i’d expect 75% to be counted sometime on Thursday

Updates on the post office

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article246877307.html

Two days after inspectors found dozens of undelivered ballots sitting in a post office in South Miami-Dade County, the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General is preparing to sweep other mail facilities in Miami-Dade for ballots that haven’t reached their destination ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

On Friday night, agents discovered 48 ballots in the Princeton post office near Homestead after State Rep. Kionne McGhee tweeted a video that showed a backlog of undelivered mail piling up at the facility. McGhee said the video was shared with him anonymously by a concerned USPS employee.

1 Like

This is unsurprising. The cake has been baked for a while. Trump’s approval rating since the beginning of Year 2 has been unwavering at 40-45 approve, 50-55 disapprove, with most people responding “strongly” one way or the other. Even COVID hasn’t moved these.

When you run a generic candidate like Biden, it makes sense that the election becomes a referendum on Trump, and people default to voting based on approval.

Imo Trump could have coasted to reelection by pretending to not be Trump for a few months. His campaign is trying to do this now, with positive ads targeted at blacks, latinos, and (especially) white moderates who want permission to vote for him. But it seems too little, too late, and he can’t help but be his maniacal self in these rallies, which undercuts the message.

5 Likes

He leads off every rally with “I would never come to this shithole state if I wasn’t President, the weather sucks, I’m never coming back.” Yesterday he spent like 2 minutes complaining the stage was set up at the wrong angle causing him to get hit with wind. The guy doesn’t have a strategy, he just loves attention.

6 Likes

I mean I see your point but if it was only about attention there are easier ways to get that than traveling all over the country and doing rallies nonstop. He very clearly thinks it helps him electorally. That’s why he is traveling to shitholes with bad weather, they are swing states. As you say in your post he admits he doesn’t want to be there.

1 Like

17 Likes

FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH

3 Likes

I made a similar point the other day. I think it looks like he is trying hard to win, which is good because it means he isn’t confident he can steal the election.

4 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1323255904611966976?s=21

14 Likes

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1323249529089675264?s=19

2 Likes

If he had made a sincere effort to unify the country in a death-match against the coronavirus he would likely have been re-elected, even if the pandemic still caused a shitload of damage. Instead of one task force, he could have had task forces for PPE, and vaccines and ventilators etc. He could have used the Defense Production Act from the beginning. But had he just embraced the entire country and adopted a national strategy, he would be more likely to gain another term. Ironically, the President who’s “not a politician” makes absolutely everything political including pandemics.

8 Likes

You’re right, I should have put scare quotes. I meant ”moderates” as a relative term in the context of a country where minimum of 44% of voters will vote for Trump, and a large majority of those think he’s doing a fantastic job. Remember, something like 15% of Americans believe QAnon, so the bar for “moderate” is pretty low.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1323256347706691591

i find this alarming tbh

2 Likes

I just think Trump is incapable of understanding the federal government.

If he would have just ridden the grift to election and then pivoted moderate, it could have been easy street. But to be a moderate leader you need to understand complex policies and where to compromise. Trump is incapable of understanding and making compromises.

4 Likes

Why? It’s been known from the start that Biden would probably have to win the popular by at least 3, since Hillary won by 2 and still lost.

6 Likes

They’re going to lose

7 Likes