POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

I literally said it in my post. Try and read the posts you’re responding to.

You mentioned some people who should fuck off, but you didn’t say that was the complete set of all people who should fuck off.

Are you drunk?

The alternative is to create new rules. Like you said the left isn’t powerful enough to do that yet. Would be easier if people ITT were actually for that.

“but if you don’t vote or vote for anyone other than biden (regardless of your state) then you certainly are one” - me, like 15 min ago

that’s me in my original post. if you wanna ikes-it-up between me calling certain people assholes and me saying “fuck off” at the exact same group of people then have at it.

I’ll state again that I live in California, so my individual vote is moot because of the EC.

And I already conceded that we are confronted with what you describe as option A or B.

I am not advocating that you or I or anyone vote for Trump or should not vote for Biden.

I am pointing out as best I can, and I will strive to communicate as clearly as possible within this medium, that Biden and his campaign are continuing to pander for votes, especially those that he thinks are likely to vote and are undecided.

You and I and most everyone ITT are likely to vote. If people that are like us, that share the propensity to vote and desire progressive change threatened to withhold our vote, Biden would have to pander to us. That’s how campaigning and pandering works, right?

You know what constituency Biden is not pandering to at all? The vote blue no matter who crew. Because why would he.

So you’re voting for Biden no matter what then? Or you’re concerned about a constituency that you’re not a part of?

eta: in general it’s a great thing to be concerned about a constituency you’re not a part of, but in this particular case it doesn’t make lots of sense

No. Are you drunk? I’m trying to get a complete set of people who should fuck off or are an asshole, not trying to split assholes up from people who should fuck off.

Though you are calling Clovis an asshole and/or saying he should fuck off if I read you too closely so maybe I shouldn’t have bothered asking about him.

1 Like

This didn’t happen in my primary. We were all just dismissed as not having any backing or organization. Therefore when any of the generic press about the race happened we were just treated as ‘and the rest’ like the two unmentioned people on Gilligan’s Island. We still had the highest vote pct. vs. an incumbent in the state.

The one thing that might have been conspiratorial was I was going to create a 1000 piece mailer using a union printer who worked on a lot of Democratic races. When it came time to get the quote he wanted to see my mailing list. Then he disappeared during 3 valuable days while I awaited a return response still not giving me a quote. By then, I abandoned the printing because it would have been in mailboxes a week before the election based on the original timeline he had given to complete the printing. He got back to me three days later without a quote and I told him I’d gone another direction.

Was he intentionally trying to make me waste money with a late mailer? Probably not, but I definitely got slow walked. If you don’t have at least $100k backing, the establishment seemingly won’t pay attention to you. I had hundreds of clicks on my website from the D.C. area. Anyone who mattered in that class for vetting threat absolutely knew who I was.

1 Like

Musings…

1. As it seems like always here (and back at 2+2) … we got peeps confusing a tiny grouping of ex-poker players chatting around our virtual water cooler -vs- movers and shakers with significant national platforms making war plans. Sure, it could might matter if. say B.Sanders, said “Don’t vote for the stupid potato!”… but, it’s patently absurd to imagine anything matters regarding what we chat about here among ourselves.

2. @MysteryConman politely raised a strategy topic. Strategy is surely something we want to chat about here around our virtual water cooler. Instead of polite chat, there were UnStuckers carrying on about “growing up” and “fuck you”.

IMO UnStuckers shouldn’t treat other UnStuckers this way. I am very disappointed that this type of behavior has been tacitly condoned ITT (and elsewhere).

1. This is the POTUS BOWL thread. This isn’t the thread to discuss the efficacy, or lack thereof, of voting in this kind of election in general. Not anymore than a Supurb Owl thread would be the proper place to discuss if CTE concerns should scuttle football in general.
18 Likes

Sabo for mod (no sarcasm)

3 Likes

I have no idea why you keep dragging me into this. I’ve had nothing to do with this discussion today.

You’re just an example, but you’re the only one here that fit for my point. But Goebs is the one who is calling you an asshole and telling you to fuck off, not me.

the re^re^re litigation of the primary

Thank you for protecting me from Clovis.

1 Like

That’s basically the exact opposite of how politics actually works though. Both sides massively pander to their base. Trump is pandering to racists, poorly educated whites and evangelicals. Biden is pandering to minorities, socially liberal women and people with college degrees who hate Trump.

Because progressive were so willing to use your vote holding tactic in every election they don’t get pandered to as much because nobody has reason to believe they will turn out. Sanders tried in the primary to win with a broad, progressive coalition, but since voting is not a habit for many in this group turnout was well off record pace even pre-Covid and he got beat soundly.

1 Like

Because you didn’t.

Did you make any effort to be treated otherwise?

That’s a bad job by you, too. You waited until the last minute, put all your eggs in one basket and didn’t follow up.

This can be a gift, too, though.

I grant that your points are accurate about the group of people who you are talking about–younger unreliable voters. That is not who I am talking about.

When I’ve been specifically talking about threatening to withhold our vote, I’m talking about likely voters. Voters like us ITT. This forum is not full of twenty year olds. The median age has to be ~40.

I don’t know how that gets conflated to be that I’m advocating for unlikely voters to threaten to withhold their vote. I hope that is cleared up.

3 Likes

I appreciate everyone who shared answers to this question. I respect all those who have, are, and will be taking action to mold the world in a way that aligns with their values.

I am trying to understand the reasoning behind an answer that was essentially given multiple times to this question. That answer was: “Vote”[in another future election]. At least that’s how I understood those responses.

This seems like an odd response in a way. Because to me it implies that we will be using our vote(or the threat of withholding our vote) in a future election as leverage to move Biden or other candidates towards are preferred positions. If that is the case, then why would we not use that threat right now in order to move Biden?

There is no physical law of nature that states that welp, once the primary is done, that’s it, don’t ask for more. No more organizing ourselves and making demands(that’s what the banks, insurers, and titans of industry get to do). There is no rule that you must pledge your vote and support months in advance, while the candidate panders to everyone but you.

2 Likes