POTUS BOWL 2020: A MEME IS A WISH YOUR <3 MAKES

If you’re bullish on Iowa, yammering in the beer thread reminded me of Pseudo Sue by Toppling Goliath in Iowa. I can never get it where I live but maybe Pennsylvania is close enough.

2 Likes

unfortunately that’s how appeals work.

Honestly this seems like the right thing to do to avoid an even bigger clusterfuck.

Bro, THC for your COVID.

https://www.healtheuropa.eu/medicinal-cannabis-may-play-a-significant-role-during-covid-19/103093/

Early evidence has tentatively indicated that CBD and THC may be beneficial in the treatment of patients whose bodies’ inflammatory response has become pathogenic.

Whole plant cannabis extracts have also been shown to reduce blood coagulation in animal models; it is known that many of the negative systemic effects of COVID-19 appear to be related to altered coagulation, so it is possible that cannabis may be useful in managing these sequelae.

CBD-loaded exosomes hold the potential to provide a highly synergistic effect of anti-inflammatory properties by targeting specific damaged organs, such as infected lung cells.

What does this mean??? Marijuana will help you:

• If you have COVID and are symptomatic
  • If you have COVID and are asymptomatic
  • If you do not have COVID and obsess over politics

Every joint you purchase advances this life-saving research

Oh and it prepares you for the landslide election incoming.

10 Likes

Joe Biden staying in Delaware tonight like…

4k7l2s

13 Likes

Cliffs: That’s me.

I didn’t follow politics in 2000 as closely as I do today but it was obvious that Gore would be very progressive on global warming and Bush was an idiot. The election was disappointing but little did I know just how grave the consequences will be.
I became a cynic in 2004 when it was completely unfathomable to me that Bush could get reelected. He threw the world into chaos based on obviously false pretenses.
In 2008 I was ecstatic when we were promised hope and change. Obama didn’t really deliver on that one.
Did I expect much from a Clinton presidency? Not really but even after Bush 2004 I assumed that a moronic and hateful Trump is a bridge too far for Americans. Wrong again.
2020 gave us a pandemic that could be brought under control with three easy steps: wear masks, socially distance, avoid large gatherings. That isn’t that hard, is it? But no, we can’t get people to do that. We will never tackle global warming when small sacrifices for a few months are unacceptable. 0% chance. The world as we know it is doomed.

So here I sit one week from the 2020 election when nothing good has happened in a very long time. Maybe the polling is accurate and there is reason to be objectively optimistic but that’s just a feeling I have unlearned a long time ago.

Edit: I forgot to include Brexit, so add that one to the list.

15 Likes

It matters only if the election comes down to PA and the PA vote is so close that a small potentially slightly democratic leaning sample could determine the election. So I mean, yeah, it’s possible, but it seems really really unlikely.

Biden’s in Delaware? That makes me nervous.

Resist Trump

Yeah he voted today and he’s apparently staying put.

Like staying put for the night? You always get worried about health stuff. If it’s just for the night I’m sure it’s fine.

Scheduled for Wisconsin and Iowa on Friday, Michigan on Saturday (with Obama). A quick google didn’t show any other prominent public events before then, but I assume he’s doing virtual stuff. (And I hope he’ll do something in PA before the 3rd)

It makes me nervous too, but, especially during a pandemic, Biden just isn’t going to go on a massive barnstorming tour.

Yeah they just said he’s staying in Delaware tonight.

How far is Delaware from PA jesus christ Joe wake up and go to PA it’s like an hour away

1 Like

I gave up on Governments solving climate change November 2016. It was the thing that made me most upset about Trump winning.

I’ve now come to terms that global warming will be solved only when it’s effects are overwhelmingly felt by rich people and societies. It’ll be too late to avoid a lot of problems but I think it’ll be in time to prevent the really catastrophic damage. COVID also shows how powerful we can be when ‘the right’ economic incentives are there.

His house is probably a 30 minute drive from Philly.

1 Like

He could even take the train!

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1321575744112336897?s=21

22 Likes

Murderhorn is my favorite beer I’ve discovered living in Iowa.

1 Like

His laptop has been turning off for no reason. He has a connect there to fix it.

7 Likes